“Great fun”

Foxhound Urban Adventures
Ranked #122 of 287 Tours in San Francisco
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Foxhound proudly offers Jericho - The Urban Spy Adventure. Become a Spy for 4 hours against the backdrop of San Francisco's most unique neighborhoods and landmarks. Perfect for visitors or locals alike, Jericho is a nonstop adrenaline rush as players walk/run through SF searching out & avoiding the other team while trying to complete their secret missions. Day and night adventures available.
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I did Foxhound (Kingfisher mission) this past weekend and had a great time. We joined up with a group of four and a group of five so there were 11 of us. We split into a group of six and the group of five stayed together. Shannon, the founder/host gave us all of our mission details and equipment. We played three missions, each an hour long, over the course of the afternoon. It ran us through at least three miles of San Francisco from the North Beach area eventually south towards downtown.

For Kingfisher each mission basically consisted of an offense team trying to pick up something and then dropping it off. The defense team has to stop them. We played offense twice and defense once. While the mission type was basically the same, the pick up types were different and the locations were different. It was a lot of fun running around playing as spies. We received radios (ear pieces and lapel mics), pocket telescopes, maps, and the best part, laser tag guns with red dot sights. While we were trying to be "spies" we ended up having running gun battles on the street more often than not. It was amazing and a lot of fun. It was a super hot and sunny day though so check your forecasts and wear appropriate clothes. Shannon kindly held on to a lot of extra back packs and sweaters for people though. He also provided snacks during the mission breaks.

Overall it was a really terrific experience. I was sort of skeptical at first when we signed up, not knowing what to expect, but it was really a lot of fun. I love action movies so it was pretty awesome to live that out even in just a slightly silly way. All the people we played with were super friendly and nice too so that was a great bonus. I definitely recommend this activity!

Visited August 2014

Mountain View, California
“Fun experience!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I signed up with 9 friends and we met 3 people the day of. The instructions were clear and the gear was pretty cool. We split into 2 teams and then spied on each other! The whole thing was pretty fun and you definitely get into mind games with your teammates and opponents! The first part of each game can be a lot of waiting, but the last 10 minutes are action packed! Walkie talkies, scopes, etc make for a fun evening of mystery and intrigue. Everybody had a great time and we were talking about our strategies, successes and failures well into the next day. I would highly recommend this to anybody looking for a fun time with friends! Shannon was a great host and I look forward to my next adventure!

Visited March 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun Fun Fun!!!!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This was nothing like I imagined, it was so fun and entertaining. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants some adventure. Definitely the best part of my trip to San Francisco!!

Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Spy meets Spy”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We played the weeknight Jericho game with friends, and after a 15 minute intro, we were set free with 3 missions to run around the city, spying and playing laser tag with friends. A funny plot line has your team intertwined with country alliances, and by the second mission you'll be paranoid walking the streets looking for your teammates and enemies. My favorite moments involved creeping up on a building top, firing our laser guns down upon the unsuspecting opposing team as non-players gave us funny looks, and then living out every video game dream by sneaking over to the 'level end' before the other team could find out where we were coming from.

TL DR: It's a great night out with friends to run around the city and catch up over drinks afterwards.

Visited January 2014
Hollister, California
“What an awesome adventure!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Shannon is not only a great charismatic leader in this adventure, his program is all laid out like you are a trained professional! I would HIGHLY recommend him and Foxhound Urban Adventures!

Visited December 2013