“Slow and rude, but was only there for a brief time ”

California Welcome Center
Ranked #236 of 569 things to do in San Francisco
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I only went to the welcome center to get the coupon book that you can get when you show your city pass. There were 2 couples in front of me. I stood in line for 10-15 minutes while a huge line built up behind me, because the first person was asking a million and one questions about the various tour packages and trying to make substitutions. There was another man standing behind the desk, but he didn't offer to help anyone. After 8 or so minutes, the woman behind the desk announced that the man would validate parking for anyone waiting in line to do that. When it was finally our turn at the desk, she saw our city pass and rudely said "that's what I called out for 5 minutes ago. You should have gone over there." bad first impression, but they could be helpful if you need tourism information. I don't know, that's not what I went for.

1  Thank Justine C

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We came to San Fran with litlle info on what to do and when to do it and was blessed to be helped by Zakhida. She was bright, pleasant and genuinely excited to help us make our plans. I would rate Zakhida a Ten! Thanks

1  Thank Dave T
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The reason I needed to stop at the Welcome Center was to print a voucher for a hop on hop off tour. Zakhida was more than helpful and went way above and beyond to assist me in accomplishing this. She was patient as well as informative. I felt very very welcome at this center.
My friend and I got the voucher and had a wonderful time.

Thanks Zakhida for making my first trip to San Fancisco a positively memorable one.

Pittsburgh, PA native

1  Thank eastcoastsenior
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The California Welcome Center on Pier 39 is the best place to go when you want to maximize your time sightseeing. They gave us all the pros and cons of each sightseeing tour bus company and the harbor boat tours. They explained all about the cable cars and the best place and time to ride them. They answered all our questions and gave us lots of maps they marked up to help us get to the places we wanted to see. They also gave us discount cards for some of the nearby restaurants.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I started this Trip Advisor account to comment on excellent customer service, because so often it's only the negative experiences that drive people to review a place so let me say, I have once again found a reason to write a review. I'm a local so I've been to Pier 39 many times. I just recently learned about the AAA parking validation (2 hours free!). This time I had my nephew in tow and I was scrounging for ideas on how to entertain him. I spoke to Ashley and Dan at the desk and they gave me a wealth of helpful suggestions. I know they probably get asked the same questions a million times every day but you wouldn't be able to tell it from their level of enthusiasm. These two clearly enjoy their jobs and that's nice to see. Thank you so much for going the extra mile. My nephew came out of the 7D ride smiling from ear to ear!

1  Thank Ashley B