“Food is often cold when served”
Review of Kitchen Story

Kitchen Story
Reserve with OpenTable
Kitchen Story is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 5,736 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Castro
San Francisco
“Food is often cold when served”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Headline says it all.
I have been here a few times; my friend likes to go. It's a decent place that has potential. Except for the fact that the food is always cold when served here. Service is an extreme negative at this place. I specifically told the waiter to make sure the food was warm when it came out. 50 minutes later it was cold. Sigh, oh well....

• Visited May 2014
Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Kitchen Story, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for coming in a few times, Asia Travelin and please accept our apologies for your food being cold. That and the delay in service is not at all what we strive for and is not the norm. We will keep an extra eye on that to make sure it doesn't happen again. Thank you for the heads up and we hope to see you again soon.

“Simply excellent”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Staying in the neighbourhood, we wandered into Kitchen Story late one evening craving some good grub...and we were NOT disappointed. The menu reads as a bit odd to the unknowing eye, a mix of american comfort food and asian-classics. However, do not be daunted.

We inhaled the Millionaires Way (featuring the stunning bacon from Sweet Maple) and the Pop & Ling (some of the tastiest pork belly I've had in a long while). The mains were even better; a truly fresh and delicious Pad Thai, that can so easily be greasy and bland, and the Yellow curry which was wonderfully deep in flavour.

The service was quick, friendly and the servers were quick to answer any of our questions about the food or drink menu. I think we enjoyed this place more having discovered it totally randomly and we can't wait to get back and work our way through the rest of the menu.

• Visited May 2014
Thanks Phillish. We appreciate the business and the kind words.
San Francisco, California
“Good Choice for dinner in the Castro”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The food here was good, visually appealing and tasty. A solid choice for a neighborhood restaurant. Did it blow my socks off, no. Would I go back, yes. Its not as good as some choices in the neighborhood but better than many.

• Visited May 2014
Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Kitchen Story, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hi Australican. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to having you return so we can block your socks off. We're confident you will find something you love on our menu and hopefully become an even bigger fan. Thanks for coming in and writing the honest review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Desapointing”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had dinner here. I was staying just 4 buildings down on same street and I was tired, so I decided to give a try to this restaurant.
I ordered Castro Tower and a Mom's Coconut Soup.
The Tower was with a strong flavor and the Coconut Soup had no flavor, really strange.
The service was poor, maybe I picked the wrong dishes, but no doubts it was a sad experience because I was expecting more.

• Visited April 2014
Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Kitchen Story, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience Ticha. It's unusual for us to hear and please accept our apologies. We also expect more and assure you if you return you will be much more excited. Thank you for visiting and let us know if you make it back.
Washington
“excellent breakfast.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had brunch here. Great setting, fast friendly service. Impressive menu and we both loved our food. We looked at all of our neighbors' plates and agree we really couldn't have gone wrong. We shared millionaire bacon, I still crave it. Give it a try. I'll come back next time I visit the castro.

Visited March 2014
Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Kitchen Story, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hi Josh. Thank you for the kind words. We're happy to know you enjoyed your meal and we look forward to seeing you again.