“Something Different”
Review of Kitchen Story

Kitchen Story
Reserve with OpenTable
Kitchen Story is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 5,925 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Castro
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We were staying just around the corner in Church St and wandered out looking for a place to eat where we wouldn't have to stand in line for a table. We were pleased to find Kitchen Story which offered us pleasant and efficient service and something very different to other places we had eaten eg the tacos were a delight.

If you are looking for a less expensive and interesting menu this is a great place to try.

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Kitchen Story, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for visiting us, Mr. Haddock. We're happy to know you enjoyed your meal.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Headline says it all.
I have been here a few times; my friend likes to go. It's a decent place that has potential. Except for the fact that the food is always cold when served here. Service is an extreme negative at this place. I specifically told the waiter to make sure the food was warm when it came out. 50 minutes later it was cold. Sigh, oh well....

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Kitchen Story, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for coming in a few times, Asia Travelin and please accept our apologies for your food being cold. That and the delay in service is not at all what we strive for and is not the norm. We will keep an extra eye on that to make sure it doesn't happen again. Thank you for the heads up and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Staying in the neighbourhood, we wandered into Kitchen Story late one evening craving some good grub...and we were NOT disappointed. The menu reads as a bit odd to the unknowing eye, a mix of american comfort food and asian-classics. However, do not be daunted.

We inhaled the Millionaires Way (featuring the stunning bacon from Sweet Maple) and the Pop & Ling (some of the tastiest pork belly I've had in a long while). The mains were even better; a truly fresh and delicious Pad Thai, that can so easily be greasy and bland, and the Yellow curry which was wonderfully deep in flavour.

The service was quick, friendly and the servers were quick to answer any of our questions about the food or drink menu. I think we enjoyed this place more having discovered it totally randomly and we can't wait to get back and work our way through the rest of the menu.

Thanks Phillish. We appreciate the business and the kind words.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The food here was good, visually appealing and tasty. A solid choice for a neighborhood restaurant. Did it blow my socks off, no. Would I go back, yes. Its not as good as some choices in the neighborhood but better than many.

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Kitchen Story, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Hi Australican. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to having you return so we can block your socks off. We're confident you will find something you love on our menu and hopefully become an even bigger fan. Thanks for coming in and writing the honest review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had dinner here. I was staying just 4 buildings down on same street and I was tired, so I decided to give a try to this restaurant.
I ordered Castro Tower and a Mom's Coconut Soup.
The Tower was with a strong flavor and the Coconut Soup had no flavor, really strange.
The service was poor, maybe I picked the wrong dishes, but no doubts it was a sad experience because I was expecting more.

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Kitchen Story, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience Ticha. It's unusual for us to hear and please accept our apologies. We also expect more and assure you if you return you will be much more excited. Thank you for visiting and let us know if you make it back.