“Great breakfast stop”

Cuisines: Cafe
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stopped here walking from North Beach to Fisherman's Wharf. Great little cafe in a residential neighborhood. Score! We were the only tourists. Plenty of outside tables on the sidewalk. We both had the bagel sandwich and it was great.

Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a good breakfast before heading out to the airport...came upon this place a fee blocks from our hotel...my husband had a bowl of oatmeal that had raisins and walnuts..big enough to feed 2 if not more...I had a Mexicali quiche ( one of three choices)..a very large thick eggy slice of heaven chockful of variois spicy peppers and cheese..served with a great mixed greens salad..we each had a large cup of the best ever cafe au lait...no need for lunch that day! We ate outside..quiet little area...small inside dining also available..service not strong suit (they brought out food...no sugar, cream for coffee or cereal) but staff was friendly..would definitely go again..pricing for our meal was $18..not cheap but quality was excellent!!

1  Thank MarinaUW
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Their hot oatmeal with banana, strawberries, brown sugar and nuts was absolutely delicious! Great breakfast place close to Fisherman's Wharf.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stayed in San Francisco last week. and my wife and i came from Italy. i am looking a nice coffee and i get this place. i can tell a best coffee in north beach area and also a salmon bagel and eggs warp with ham was very delicious. i came here 3 time for my coffee and breakfast

2  Thank RICK A
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We decided to stop to eat at this cute little neighborhood cafe that we passed which is somewhat close to Fisherman's Wharf instead of eating on the wharf. Would like to give the business to locals instead of a chain that is usually over priced. Should have stuck with a restaurant at the Wharf. We walked in around 1pm and they were out of many items that we were interested in eating. So my husband settled for the chicken panini which consisted of diced chicken, Roma tomato, red bell pepper, humus and onion. He thought it was tasty but they were either out of or forgot to add the red pell pepper. That was 8.25. I ordered the Egg Wrap. I had wanted a sandwich on a croissant but they were out of croissants so I opted for that. I was egg, tomato, bacon or ham and cheddar cheese. Here's the kicker, in their printed menu that the girl gave me it lists all of those ingredients for 5.95. I received microwaved scrambled egg, American cheese slices and a wee bit of bacon wrapped in a flour tortilla (I opted not to have the tomato) and it cost 7.45. Even though the price on the printed menu included the bacon, the menu on their wall inside the restaurant has the price 5.95 plus 1.50 for the bacon. My son ordered the Egg and Cheese Bagel which consisted of the same thing but on a bagel and he got American cheese slices also. His meal in the menu is 4.95 with the bacon but again they added 1.50 for the bacon so it actually cost 6.45.

Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem paying those prices but don't hand me a paper menu and then do a price switcheroo on me and never mention that the prices on the menu are old or wrong. I also don't appreciate being told one thing with ingredients and not getting them or not being told beforehand that there was going to be substitutions made.

I did not like my American cheese, micro egg, flour tortilla thing. I was a nothing. AND I really didn't like it for 7.45.

Really don't like feeling that we got had....which we did, that why it gets one star. Look up at the menu people. Don't get hustled reading their printed version. Because when you bring it to their attention they say that the price is correct on the wall.

1  Thank agilityaddict