“Love the Wasabi Garlic Potato Salad!”
Review of Delica rf-1

Delica rf-1
Ranked #1,387 of 5,797 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Not living near the Bay Area, when we do visit I make sure I have at least one lunch here!
They have a lunch special where you choose two salads and one main item. I always choose the Wasabi Garlic Potato Salad, and try to expand my choice with another salad I have not tried. I usually end up with the main being Kaki age (I think that is the name), it looks like a small birds nest with shrimp on the top!
But that potato salad is the best-you know how it is when you remember the taste of something so well you sometimes just crave it?
Very clean and very prompt service-deli style.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Depending on how comfortable you are with Japanese food, this place can test your limits because it has an extensive menu that ranges from the familiar to the more exotic fare. The vegetarian offerings tend to be among the more familiar and family-friendly items, even for young diners. On the other hand, sea urchin and salmon-cheek delicacies might put off the sqeamish. Everyone in our group loved the vegetable tempura. Opinions were divided about the baked (steamed in a bag) fish. I liked it; others thought it was overcooked and insufficiently seasoned. The sushi rolls are small and tasty, the sake is splendid, but the seating is not only limited but very uncomfortable--high stools at narrow tables. Best to do take-away here if salads or bento boxes meet your needs. A long lunch can leave you lurching afterwards if your body was not made to be in the position required to fit into the dining space available.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

This small take away restaurant is located inside the Ferry Building. I beleive it may just be open for lunch, but, I highly recommend you stop and eat there if you are in the area. There are 4 bar stools hidden in the corner if you choose to eat in, however, it is mainly a take away place to enjoy the food bay side, or in the park in front of the Ferry Building. They have an assortment of Japenese Iced Teas that are just phenomenal. I got the Green Tea with Lemonade and went back for another one! The only dessert displayed that day was Panna Cotta and it was absolutely delicious. For the entree I chose chicken dumplings (these where more like croquettes and equally as great) a Carrot Ginger Soup, and a Japanese salad made of Bordin root that was quite delicious. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 11 June 2012

I ordered maki, tempura, and a daily appetizer thing.

Maki - it was good. Fresh, tasty with good wasabi and benishoga

Tempura - i ordered the vegetable tempura. I got a ton of it, much more than I thought I would. Some of the vegetables were unidentifiable, which scared me a little. But, it was still the freshest and most delicious tempura I've ever had. The dipping sauce was good too.

Daily appetizer - An odd sticky mess of beans on a maki roll. This was a miss, but OTOH, it was an adventure. I'd rather see a restaurant try new things and fail then not try new things at all.

Overall, really nice service, really good food, reasonable prices. I hope you go! It's one of the better places at the ferry building.

1  Thank BusinessTraveler90
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Great happy hour specials - some including a shot of good sake. Great location at the back of the Ferry building. Very nice and friendly servers.