“Good food just had to wait... And wait some more.”
Review of The Grind Cafe

The Grind Cafe
Ranked #738 of 5,776 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$5 - US$5
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Haight-Ashbury
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My bagel was delicious but it took 20 minutes (with no real line)... And only then got made b/c my friend asked if it was ready. They clearly misplaced a ticket (when scrambles ordered after us were delivered to tables). My complaint was not that it took so long but that there was no excuse or 'sorry' given... Like it was normal for it to happen like that. I sure hope not.

There are newer reviews for The Grind Cafe

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This casual breakfast spot has something tasty for everybody. My daughter lived in lower Haight while going to school and it was a regular spot for breakfast while visiting. Our favorite was the big granola and yogurt bowl with fruit. It is huge and certainly was enough to feed several small children. We always saw families eating their weekend breakfast at the larger center tables. My daughter graduated a few months ago and moved across town. We miss those easy casual weekend breakfasts at The Grind.....they do good work!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The best part of this place is that you order at the counter and then sit so it allows for tables to be flipped faster. The food is clearly fresh and very tasty. I like their breakfast and lunch menu and you get large portions for the price. I definitely recommend going if your in the neighborhood.

2  Thank DaisyDot24
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We went here on a morning to have breakfast. The place was pretty crowded but the place had outdoor seating and the weather was ok. Even tough it was crowded, the food came really fast. I got one of there omelettes which was very good and a bagel with chocolate.The atmosphere is very nice and it's very good value. I would highly recommend this to someone who find himself around this area.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We visited the grind for breakfast and were blown away by the choice available. I had the waffles which were huge and had lots of fresh fruit on top. The cafe is pretty busy so get there before 10, we ate on a Sunday morning which might explain why it was so busy however I got the impression it was popular with the locals.

There's lots to choose from such as bagels, hash browns, eggs in all forms and frnech toast. The coffee is good - strong and served quickly. The service is good, took a little longer than i'd hoped however the atmosphere was a buzz and so it didn't matter too much.

I'd highly recommend for a hearty, no nonsense American breakfast

1  Thank Larnie86