“Decent cheesesteak”

Ranked #1,551 of 5,825 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I'm guessing this place kills with the late-night crowd. I got a regular cheesesteak with american cheese. It was mildly crowded when I went but I still got my food rather fast. The best part, and this is what made me decide to try their cheesesteak: they had a bottle of A-1 on the counter. I'm sold. Nothing goes better on a cheesesteak than A-1. Nothing. The cheesesteak itself was good. Much like what you would make at home with Steak-umms.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

The guys have been a little too "cold" with us. Apart from this, the cheesesteak was EXCELLENT and the price was right.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Could not find a better cheesesteak in the time spent in San Fran! Fast service, good value and great tasting sandwiches..this place was perfect. After a few beers this place filled the hole and was better than I had expected it to be.

Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

First time having a cheesesteak- and fell entirely in love- enough to take friends the next night, and visit again later in our week's stay- not so good for our waistlines but amazing for our tastebuds!
We tried the standard philly cheesesteak, the californian and the mushroom- no complaints!
We originally ordered chips (fries) with every order but the sandwich was king and the chips were a bit too salty for our pallet, so one between too was fine.
Can't recommend this highly enough, the inside is far from fine dining, but if you're planning a night including a few beers- make sure you include Buster's on your route.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

The chessesteaks were heavily stacked with meat and there were many options that could added to the sandwich but at extra cost. Better for takeout since there is little to no seating available. Service was quick and staff very friendly. Definitely a must if in the North Beach area.
Ed & Sandy