“Best show in the Bay!”
Review of Okeanos Intimate

Okeanos Intimate
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Okeanos Intimate is a dance/cirque portrait of the ocean as body, environment, resource, metaphor, and force. It is a performance to inspire and educate audiences about the ocean and connect them deeply to ocean conservation.Inspired by the Coral Triangle and California's Kelp forest, this dance/cirque performance incorporates choreography, apparatus, and set design by Capacitor Artistic Director Jodi Lomask and the voices of oceanographer Dr. Sylvia Earle and marine biologist Dr. Tierney Thys.
“Best show in the Bay!”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Bravo Team Capacitor, your beautiful show blew us away. The amazing dancers carry a very powerful message about the future of our oceans in a very creative way, well done!

Visited November 2013

Winters, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Mesmerizing!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Capacitors Okeanos held my attention from beginning to end! I was mesmerized and amazed by each individual performance and moved to tears by its beauty and intent. I went for the show itself but have recommended the value of the combined aquarium visit and performance experience to my friends with children of all ages. I think even the smallest of little ones would be entertained and enthralled. Grandparents should gift this experience to their little ones as a trip to the aquarium with the performance as the icing in top!

Visited September 2013
New York
“Don't miss this!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I live in New York and saw Capacitor perform another show here a number of years ago. I go to the various ballet venues here several times a year, but I have never forgotten that Capacitor performance! The dance, the athleticism, the use of special effects were unlike anything I'd ever seen. I think that if you are anywhere near San Francisco you must see this show!

Visited December 2012
San Rafael, California, United States
“Inspiring and Beautiful Immersion into the Undersea through Dance”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The renowned performing company, Capacitor, has created a unique experience for the audience with "Okeanos" and it's a treat! The dance/cirque nouveau presenation includes skillful movement by dancers who recreate the sense of what it's like to live as underwater creatures in the depths of the ocean. Sound and gorgeous multi-media visuals add to the sensation of being immersed in the sea. I highly recommend taking this is in!

Visited September 2013
Emeryville, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Inspiring Ocean Conservation Performance”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Okeanos is a mesmerizing cirque nouveau journey into the heart of the marine world. And tickets to the show also give you free admission to the main Aquarium, so its a spectacular bargain.

As a marine biologist myself, I was amazed at how Capacitor was able to make the creatures of the marine realm come to life on stage; as well as how they were able to convey the issues the ocean is currently facing - empowering people to take action.

Why do I feel Okeanos is so important? Youth have consistently been identified as a critical constituency for environmental communications and recent findings from The Ocean Project indicate that young people trust local aquariums as their primary source for information about ways to protect the ocean. Okeanos is a dance/cirque portrait of the ocean as body, environment, resource, metaphor, and force. It is a performance to inspire and educate audiences, including young people, about the ocean and connect them deeply to ocean conservation.

Baba Dioum put it right: "In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." It's all about love (isn't everything :) and Okeanos helps emotionally connect people to the sea.

Visited October 2013