“Busy, but good experience!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pier Market

Pier Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Pier Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 5,629 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Embarcadero
Description: Voted Best Seafood in San Francisco by KRON 4 TV Best of the Bay, Pier Market is an authentic sustainable seafood restaurant where the locals go for the freshest seafood in the city. Pier Market is family-owned and operated and one of the most popular dining destinations on Fisherman's Wharf. Pier Market has been selling San Francisco's freshest seafood for 30 years. We feature Fresh, Mesquite-Grilled Fish and Meat, Crab, Pastas, Steaming bowls of our Award-Winning Clam Chowder, Authentic Sourdough Bread. Enjoy watching our chefs at work in full view of our bustling open kitchen overlooking the San Francisco Bay, the PIER 39 sea lions and Alcatraz Island. We also offer al fresco dining on our wide-open patio.
OK
“Busy, but good experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We wanted to eat somewhere besides a chain or a hot dog stand. Nice place, great food, but pricey. Fish and chips was not spectacular, but it was good, but not for the cost. Our bill, with tip was $100 for two adults and two small children. Waiter was super nice- Mo, very attentive, ask for him! He was also super sweet to our kids!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Blanco, TX
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We ended up here for lunch on a Tuesday at about noon while trying to decide on a place to have lunch while already at Pier 39. We really just wanted salads or sandwiches and a couple of drinks, so for that it was decent.

Our waiter (I wish I could remember his name) was super friendly and gave me an honest opinion when I asked between two items for my lunch. I had the salmon burger, and it was pretty good. I can't complain but it wasn't anything extraordinary. My mother had the clam chowder in a sourdough bowl and enjoyed it. (When I tasted the little sample our waiter very graciously brought when we were deciding what to order, I wasn't blown away despite the claim of 'Best Clam Chowder on Pier 39.) My drink was a frothy touristy concoction kind of like a pina colada, and it was what you'd expect of a tourist restaurant - a little weak and probably too creamy and full of calories. The bread on the table was really good, though, and the view of the bay was really great.

Overall, I wouldn't go back just because I'd prefer to have a lunch at a nicer place, but really there's nothing "wrong" with it.

Houston, Texas
“Excellent fresh seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We walked in no waiting it was around 2 PM on a Friday afternoon, got seated near a window, ordered and got our orders out in less than 20 mins, my husband had fried shrimp, and I had salmon burger, both were sooooooooooo fresh! I defintely recommend this restaurant, and the prices are reasonable for that kind of food! The best!

Crewe, United Kingdom
“Great food nice views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This restaurant is actually on Pier 39
we booked a table which they said we didn't need to do but I am glad we did as it was very busy when we went there at 19.30 and we would have had quite a long wait.
We had a window table and the view was quite nice. The food was great well presented and the server was friendly and answered our questions pleasantly
would recommend this but if you want to eat at a specific time book a table.

Visited June 2014
United Kingdom
“A must visit for fresh food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I came here 1 night after going on the sunset sailing to see the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. I was immediately impressed by the friendly member of staff that greeted us (there was 10 of us). There is a good range of different fishes to have and others too like chicken burgers. The food was well cooked, fresh and well presented. The restaurant atmosphere is great as you get great views of the SF Bay. I would highly recommend this restaurant for every type of person out there!