Hotel Mayflower
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$417
US$368
  • Room Service
US$222
US$194
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$259
US$302
US$250
US$321
US$291
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$361
US$284
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$218
US$284
US$256
US$591
US$500
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$354
US$290
Agoda.com
1,181 results
All reviewssmall kitchenetteboiled eggsunion squarewalk in closetfree parkingceiling fancontinental breakfastfridge and microwavefamily roomfew blocksnob hilltenderloinwould definitely stay here againcharming hotelyogurtan expensive citygrace cathedral
Reviewed 22 February 2013

You are not staying at the MayFlower if you want to stay at a fancy hotel. On contraire, it is old. the main lobby is nice, but everything else inside is old. But you will sleep well. Front desk is very friendly. Location is excellent (particulary if you don't mind to go up the hill ... well, it is San Fran after all). It was also affordable as compared with the other hotels around. Breakfast is very simple. Get a cable for the internet. The impression I had overall is that I was back to the sixties. One nice feature was free use of their printer (handy as I was on business). I would stay there again considering location and price.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Olecram
mayflowersf, General Manager at Hotel Mayflower, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2013

Though the building is old, 1929, it has been updated. The internet/wireless was redone in January 2013 so the issues he noted regarding wireless have been resolved. The simple continental breakfast as well as the internet is provided free for our guests.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We were at the Mayflower for a week and overall our stay was very pleasant. The room had a good size, bathroom was clean, most of the desk guys were attentious (overnight guys were sort of cranky), but breakfest was kind of simple. Location is nearly perfect, close to downtown. Strongly recommend it, it is not the cheapest one, but worth every penny.

Room Tip: Side rooms on top floors seem to be a good choice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gusviegas
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We were a party of three adults and we had a Double Double View room on the fifth floor for five nights and it suited our needs perfectly. The large walk in closet was useful as two of our party had snowboards with them so it was nice to be able to have them out of the way. Room was clean, small fridge and microwave were a plus, beds were comfortable and desk staff very helpful.

The breakfast provided suited me – no cold cereal but instant oatmeal, toast, a selection of pastries, boiled eggs, juice, coffee and a selection of teas.

Cable cars were an easy two block walk away, numerous bus routes within a couple of blocks and a downhill walk to Market Street where you’ll find even more transit options.

The Mayflower hadn’t been my first choice but it will be for future visits to San Francisco.

Room Tip: Room 518 had minimal street noise but one of the double beds is so close to the wall you can't get in or out from that side.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nakilady
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I went to SF to a conference and the hotel is very right in Downtown, easy to walk to other points of interest. The hotel is old but clean and with a very good vibe.

The staff was very helpful and gave me a few tips to take advantage of my free time, I will stay there next trip

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chamula C
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed here on back to back trips to San Fran and it was great both times. My first trip was for business and a co-worker and I both had a great experience. The artwork in both our rooms was charming, breakfast was great and the price was fantastic for the area. We didn't really know what to expect when we first booked it as our normal place was sold out and we had never heard of the Hotel Mayflower. Its a beautiful old building. My second stay was about a month later when my dad and I headed to town for a Giants game. We were able to walk to and from the ball park (its a far walk, but manageable), and we both had great rooms again. Will absolutely stay here again if I need a place in SF.

Room Tip: Its an older building, so the sound proofing isn't all that great, if you end up on the street side it may be a little noisy. No AC, but the ceiling fans help.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business