“Food was Exquisite!”
Review of Michael Mina

Michael Mina
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Mina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 5,800 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Cross street: Front and Battery
Transit: MUNI & BART: Powell Station
Description: Michelin-starred MICHAEL MINA is the crowning jewel that captures the core of Michael's philosophy: bold yet balanced flavors achieved through a combination of acidity, sweetness, spice and richness. At the helm, Executive Chef Raj Dixit achieves these bold, balanced flavors in a cuisine, which draws upon global influences, showcasing the highest quality authentic and seasonal ingredients. The 5-course tasting menu invites guests to explore a dynamic expression of Chef Michael Mina's vast culinary influences while also providing options within each course for the guest to define their ultimate dining experience. The tasting menu is offered for dinner only at $135 per person, with vegetarian options and supplements at an additional cost. A paired down 'a la carte' dinner menu is available at the bar. Lunch is served in the dining room featuring an à la carte menu and at the bar featuring an array of seasonal small plates, as well as salads.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The food was incredible here, I had the Halibut on the menu. However, the drinks were very expensive, about $16 for a glass of wine.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Finally found the opportunity to try out this restaurant and it didn't disappoint. You can either order a la carte or their set menu with wine pairing. I was a bit surprised that for a Friday night, the restaurant didn't have more people dining there. I ordered the abolone as a starter and the herb roasted lamb as my main entree. Throughout the evening, they serve you small little complimentary dishes, which I thought were very good. The abolone wasn't as tender as it should be and I thought was just average. However, the lamb was full of flavor and made to perfection. Service was outstanding - multiple servers came around our table and served everyone at the same time. Attention to detail was excellent.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was absolutely one of the best dinners we've ever had while dining out. From the moment that we arrived they made us feel like they were the only people in the entire restaurant on a busy Friday night. The ambiance is beautiful. The service is impeccable without being intrusive. They are so on point that they anticipated what you wanted before you had to ask. I absolutely love that when dining out. The attention to detail is perfection. And the food.... everything was edible art. Everything was layered with fresh flavors & textures. We covered the menu by trying the lobster, tuna, bass, ribeye, abalone, and so many other dishes. Everything was prepared to absolute perfection. We were visiting but also had locals with us that have dined here before & were still blown away with how wonderful this dining experience was. I also need to mention that we had food allergies & they were so accommodating. They brought warm gluten free bread & adjusted the dishes accordingly as well as for a pine nut allergy.

1  Thank tootlepops
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had a lunch tasting menu here. They tried to make it very mystic, emphasising how much the chefs just played around all the time, finding inspiration in the air they breathed (by some strange coincidence many of the dishes were written in the menu, I later discovered). Anyway, the menu was really tasty: The tuna tartare was the best of the 5-6 dishes I had - it was world class. The rest was also pretty good. They made me a nice wine package with three tiny glasses and charged only for one. All in all, I think their Michelin star is deserved.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I came here for dinner on a Sunday evening and there were plenty of people dining. They have a long bar where you can sit, eat and drink. I went for a salad and a steak...straighforward but well done. They have a range of "fusion" and sushi dishes to chose from.