Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$348
US$222
US$194
US$289
US$243
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Diva(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$191
  • Room Service
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$347
US$291
US$230
US$225
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$488
US$290
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$259
1,857 results
All reviewsbay bridgeferry buildingamericano restaurantcircular suitewaterfront roomgreat locationfarmers marketslanted doorcd playermission streetbath productsroom servicethe financial districtcity viewhotel restaurantluxury hotelcomfortable rooms
Reviewed 8 December 2009

I checked into this hotel last week while on business. It is fairly new, well-maintained, fairly well-situated with beautiful views of the Bay Bridge (although I think Pac Heights or the Marina is a much better location for tourists), and has an earthy California quality to it (think pebbles, soothing colors, and spa CD's). All in, it was fine, but the noise (as others have pointed out) can be an issue. Upon check-in, I asked for a quiet room. They informed me they would do the best the could, but the hotel was sold out and were limited in what they could do. Fair enough. They ended up putting me on a low floor on the Mission Street side (not the noisy Embarcadero) and close to the elevator. Not ideal, but it was the best they could do. The problem simply is that it's noisy wherever you are. Even with double-paned windows on the side street (if you want to call Mission a side street), it's noisy. If I were there for pleasure, it would've been more of an issue. Unless you're up early for business (as I was), you might want to think twice. Otherwise, it'll do the job just fine.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Beware. If you are seeking a quiet respite (whether for business or pleasure) then unless you manage to avoid a room that is impacted by the restaurant on ground level prepare yourself for pretracted NOISE.
I had pre booked for a 5 night stay whilst holidaying in NYC.
I have no complaints about the location - it provided great access to the wharf area and importantly, public transport. In addition, there are some great restaurants within easy walking distance.
However the decision of the hotel to locate me directly above the restaurant /bar meant that at midnight I was calling reception to complain - big time. Eventually I was relocated but it was too late.. The whole experience was unfortunately tainted.
This experience was the exception to the fabulous experiences I had in LA and NYC..

This is a business hotel.. Doors slam in the morning continually - not an experience I had to deal with in NYC ( Library Hotel) or LA (The Huntley).

Wouldn't revisit.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank schnappsdog
Reviewed 28 November 2009

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times for both business and leisure. Great comfortable rooms and a fun bar.
I love the lavender smell in the hallway.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2009

Spent a fabulous week in SF staying at the Hotel Vitale. Welcomed at reception with a hot towel after a long haul flight was much appreciated. Our room was a deluxe waterfront on the sixth floor which we thoroughly recommend. Great views of the Embarcadero and out to the Bay Bridge. Easy connections into the centre using the historic F line streetcars or just a short walk to the underground. Hotel and room were spotless, big comfy bed, great bathroom and very friendly staff. Must mention and thank Keith (Concierge) for all his help.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Rooms:
*Clean, Modern and bright!
*The bed was super comfy with lots of plush pillows + nice "crate&barrel-ish" bed sheets
* Room service was fantastic: ordered a midnight snack of fresh baked cookies and ice cream with ice cold milk. The service was friendly and timely.
* FOR ONCE, I wanted to eat and drink everything in the fridge + snack cabinet in a hotel (it's amazing!)
* For the first time, I actually LIKED the toiletries a hotel carried.. they happened to carry my favorite brand: Fresh, which is originally from San Francisco. The Sugar Lemon Bath Gel smelled delicious.

Location:
* walkable distance to everywhere we wanted to go. it is close to Pier 1.

Service:
*Check in: Friendly, Easy and fast. I also asked for an early check-in due to a last minute flight change, they were more than happy to accommodate.
* Check out: Friendly, easy and fast. We had to check out very early (around 6am).

Value:
* We booked through Expedia during the peak Spring Break season. We still got a great deal, and this hotel was worth every $$ . never encountered a single problem and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple