“"Crabbing" on the Jefferson”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #538 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$20 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
British Columbia
“"Crabbing" on the Jefferson”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

This lunch was a lot of fun. We had a window seat on the 2nd floor. It over looked the street and lined up with a busker who was most entertaining. The Manager told us he did alright for himself as we saw him peel off the bills from his wad of money. Our server was very helpful and pleasant and we received our food in a timely fashion. We love seafood and catch our own crab off our dock at our Bed and Breakfast.
It was good but I was hungry at the end of the meal. I would go back but just need to order more food.

• Visited May 2012

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ballarat, Australia
“oh dear....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

i had advice not to get my hopes up to high with joes.....
this was without a doubt the worst resturant vist i have had in over 5 years... no service, no taste in any of the seafood, overpriced, just really bad. walked out very dissapointed...
find somewhere else for lunch !!

• Visited July 2012
Cody, Wyoming
“This is the worst Joe's Crab Shack”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

This is the worst Joe's Crab Shack I have ever been to!!!!

The restaurant was DISGUSTING AND DIRTY!!!! There was garbage all over the bathroom. There was a used maxi pad rolled up and sitting on top of the toilet paper dispenser. GROSS!!!!

The staff was awful. The staff that seats people at tables put us at a square table for 4, but we are a family of 5. They wanted to sit my 2 year old in a high chair on the corner. When I said that this would not work and asked to be seated at the table next to us that seated 6 (and was empty), the staff said that if we wanted a different table, then we would have to wait and they could not seat us at the empty table. I asked if we could put 2 small tables together and they again said no and we would have to wait. This was ridiculous especially since there were at least 10 empty tables around us.

I am soooo not impressed with this Joe's Crab Shack. I will never go there again.

• Visited July 2012
madison, alabama
“Just your average joe!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012 via mobile

The food was good and the restaurant looked clean (with the exception of the bathroom) it was just like most other JCS. The service was slow but it was crowded. Our server did a great job...no fault of his! It was a good experience and I would come back.

Athens
“Best Joe's Crab Shack!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

My family has eaten at many JCS. This one has the best food of all. Also loads of fun.

• Visited August 2011