“Good food”

Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
San Francisco, California
“Good food”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My mom loves this place. The seafood is fresh and she loves it. My husband raves over the smoked salmon fettuccine. I'm not a seafood eater nor can I stand the smell but this place knows what they're doing. Seafood doesn't stink and although their non seafood items are limited the chicken fettuccine is delicious. The fresh sourdough bread is enough to keep me coming back. Only think I would caution is not to sit in the middle tables as they are small and if someone gets up or sits down at a different table your bouncing up and down too. Choose a side window booth.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
cristhalsol
“Can I give more than 5 stars....20 stars”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

When you are walking in the Marina area of SF you see a lot of street vendors and people enjoying a nice quick meal of crab, lobsters, fries, etc. So when you pass by Nick's Lighthouse you might not be attracted to it, but trust me it's a fantastic place. First let me say the bread is delicious and its made right there in SF right next door. Started off with the calamari, which were perfectly seasoned and the cocktail sauce has a nice spicy tang to it. Only problem is that they are cut a little too big. I got the special of Fish and Chips which were delicious and came with an started of the Lobster bisque. My aunt got the crab in garlic sauce and OH MY LANTA I wish i would have gotten that instead. If you are a crab lover, than you MUST TRY IT! It is priced at market price but I would pay any money to have another bite. It is delicious, the garlic sauce adds that spicy kick and that broth. Oh my goodness my mouth is watering at the thought.

Visited April 2014
Singapore
“Fresh Seafood Platter”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Had the Imperial Platter. Fresh and tasty. Price was a bit higher than similar platters in Southern France.

Visited April 2014
Houston
“Nicks was great”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Great crab, good service, nice atmosphere. Will go back for sure. Had to wait short time for table but no problem with that. Was busy on the tuseday nite we went so probably longer wait on weekend but if you can get in don't pass it up.

Boulder, Colorado
“crab linguine...what a wonderful delight”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I've tried to get into this restaurant before, however the line has always been substantial. This particular time, mid-afternoon, I poked my head into the restaurant and saw an empty table.

After drooling over the menu and looking at the food that other people had, I settled on the crab linguine in white sauce. The linguine and chopped vegetables were lightly tossed in the white wine sauce, with a serving of crab, on top. It was divine. There was a fried food platter that many tables around me ordered, as well as cooked crab in the shell, fish and chips and chowder in a bowl. They also served Maine lobster which I thought was rather ironic since this restaurant is on the west coast.

Service was relatively fast and the food was very good.

What was especially memorable was the size of the restrooms. There was one women's and one men's restroom. The women's restroom was tiny yet functional....small enough that a large person would not be comfortable in it. I suspect that the men's restroom is similar in size.

However, one does not go to a restaurant for the restroom. The food was delicious and the linguine was much tastier than I expected.

• Visited March 2014