“Who Knew Sushi Could Be This Bad?”
Review of Miyabi Sushi

Miyabi Sushi
Ranked #1,031 of 5,712 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Who Knew Sushi Could Be This Bad?”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I live in Minnesota - not exactly the sushi capital but never have I had something so awful as what I received at Miyabi. It was close to my hotel so I ordered a couple of rolls to go. When I got there, the place was practically empty - not a good sign at dinner time. I would have sent it back if I was eating at the restaurant. Rolls consisted mostly of big balls of rice - very little fish - which fell apart because they were not rolled correctly. Tasteless disappointment.

Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“DO NOT go to this restaurant!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband wanted to go get sushi for dinner in the Wharf area. Big mistake! Although he said the sushi was okay, the rest of us suffered for his choice. The rest of the family ordered one of our normal favorites at a Japanese restaurant, Chicken Teriyaki.

This was the WORST chicken teriyaki I have ever come in contact with. It was all disgusting dark and fatty meat, which was inedible. We attempted to eat it, but everyone left 85% of their meals uneaten.

When we expressed our dissatisfaction with the meals, the waitress said she would see what she could do. What they did was take one of the four meal prices off the bill, so we ended up buying three meals that we couldn't eat because they made terrible food.

Another downfall of this restaurant (after a long day of sightseeing), was there was no alcohol available. I asked if the restaurant was a BYOB (which I love), but they said no. Apparently their liquor license just expired and no wine could be brought into the restaurant nor could any be served.

I would not recommend anyone go to this restaurant when near Fisherman's Wharf.

Global
“Sushi”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Fresh fish. Nice presentation. Nothing really sets it apart but it's good, quality sushi. I would recommend it for a good eating experience...

“Disappointed! Sashimi without Sake?”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We were excited about dining at Miyabi Sushi. It had good reviews and
was close to our hotel. Upon arriving at the restaurant we noticed their specials - our favorite, Uni, was listed and we requested to be seated at the sushi bar. However, when we wanted to order Sake, we were then told they had not renewed their liquor license. Nowhere was there a mention that Sake or any alcoholic beverage was unavailable. Displays of Sake bottles & barrels were visible. If we had known this, we wouldn't have entered the restaurant. The outcome - we left without dining

San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Freshest Sushi ever! ”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Decided to try this on our recent trip after reading great reviews. We had the Spider roll, Tempura roll and Tres Amigos. It is hands down the freshest sushi I have ever eaten. Service was excellent!

1 Thank Ajent99