“Great fusion food”

Price range: US$3 - US$14
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Description: An innovative global fusion cuisine that has amassed a loyal following not only here in San Francisco, but across the globe. HRD™ has been featured prominently in the media, including HBO™ and the Food Network™.
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I've been dying to try this place ever since we booked our trip to San Francisco. I'm Korean so the Korean-Mexican fusion menu made my mouth water. It was a little out of the way from where we were staying and it was obviously a favorite with the locals. We got the bulgogi bibimbop, short rib bibimbo and the kimchi burrito...not because we were that hungry...because everything looked good! I grew up with great Korean food so the food was good but not great. However, the concept and flavors were still awesome and I enjoyed every dish. The restaurant has no frills but it was clean and the service was friendly and fast.

There are newer reviews for HRD

Reviewed 21 January 2014

After seeing this place on a popular food network show, we were excited to try this Asian fusion place. I will have to say that it was a disappointment after the hype, when we got there, it was later in the lunch hour so we actually didn't have a long line up. Maybe 10 customers ahead of us. Line up went pretty fast but when it got time to order, 2 of the things we wanted to try were sold out. The Bimbimbap came with some pre cooked beef that wasn't very good. My kids love the authentic Korean dish (we are Korean) but they did not like that one. My wife tried the KimChi burrito and was not impressed. The owner on the popular TV show was not having a great day and you could see the guy was just burned out. I think quality of food has suffered since being on the TV show, you need to hit these joints before they get some air time to experience its best.

Some tips are it is obviously a cash only establishment and going later in the lunch hour seems to help with the lines up. Although right after we got a place to sit the line up outside was at least 20.

1  Thank pank
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Delicious, cute little spot. I've been twice and can't wait to go again. The food is reasonably priced, practically a steal I've never had the coffee though. I'll have to try that next time.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I got the spicy pork & kim-chi rice burrito. With all the hype I had pretty high expectations. Overall, it was good, but it wasn't as mindblowing as I thought it would be. Still good though and good value for the money.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Love it! Saw if featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and always wanted to go. Glad I made effort to eat lunch here. The kimchi burritos were amazing. Service was fast and extremely friendly. This place is a winner - don't miss it!