“pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kim Thanh

Kim Thanh
Ranked #838 of 5,642 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brooklyn, New York
“pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Came here on a Wednesday night with a party of 5. I ordered "combination rice noodle soup" so I thought it was a giant pho but it wasn't. It was the noodles with a few pieces of shrimp and fish. It was ok, not what I was expecting but it was still good. A friend had the char chicken? And that was good. The imperial roll was good, very similar to spring rolls but just slightly different. The place has a really selection because it's Chinese and Viet but I feel like the Viet portion isn't true Viet food

Visited June 2014

Moscow, Russia
“Unexpected delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were given this restaurant as a tip from the concierge at our hotel the Monaco a couple of blocks away. This is a serious no frills place and we are by no means knowledgeable about real Chinese/Vietnamese food. No problem as we were just given our menus and just expected to dive in which is exactly what we did and it was wonderful. We actually felt guilty after we ordered a bottle of wine as we soon realised that 90% of the other diners had no alcohol at all as they were only there for the food!
If you need good advice just ask Kenny ,a real gentleman who knows his food!

• Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Evry time I visit sfo I go here great seafood, simple service but very nice, great seafood for the dollar. Clean and fresh but still little ruff, my type of style

1 Thank Fredrik M
Phoenix
“It was Okay. A Little Fishy Smelling”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I didn't have their popular salted crab dish so maybe that was the problem. Had Mongolian Beef and it wasn't the greatest have had better in my home town. White rice was an extra charge which always surprises me. I wouldn't go back.

Visited April 2014
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Go where locals go!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I have garlic crab in Singapore - so much better here at Kim Thanh!!! The crabs are so fresh (taken from tanks that are so clean) - lots of garlic and flavor! We also had the garlic noodles which were so good. As an appetizer we had the shrimp and pork roll which reminded us of Vietnam . And finally, we had Vietnamese pork which was better than any dish we had in Vietnam . Service was great, low key place - food is great.

Visited March 2014