“What the Hell” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #212 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Las Vegas, Nevada
“What the Hell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I was here by force, literally. It felt like god punished us for being so late in reserving a hotel. I wanted to visit the cool places in San Fransico like the zoo, but I wished I did not. While I was in this piece of dump I realized I had to get out of there quick, but since it was almost midnight, I had NO choice, not to mention the parking space is limited to like three cars or something. This place is really something, the bathroom and the bedroom was horrible and the street noise was so intensly loud it felt like I was in the movie theathers (without the enjoyment). Also the carpet was like crawling heavily with bugs and fleas and kept biting me and my boy badly. I hate bugs in hotel, they tell me that the hotel is not a good establishment and should be regulated strongly by the federal government or something. Please I just want to get rid of this memory of horrendousness and terrifying noises that seemed to penetrate my soul with a huge sword of doom. The only good part about this "gate to the underworld" was the closeness and the relative ease at finding the resources like groceries and stuff. This was not enjoyable for him or for me. This place is like the chlo (another word for the s word) man and it reeks of feces and urine and also the guy at the front desk is a total "ugh!!". DO NOT EVER STAY IN THAT HOTEL EVER. This experience was one of the worst and I hope it never happens again!!

Room Tip: Go to the Hiltons, forgot where but its there. AND GO THERE, NOT HERE.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nicky J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

We accidentally stopped at this hotel thinking it was the one we had made reservations at (we found out later our hotel was down the street). I offered the lady behind the glass my confirmation #, but she told me to wait for her husband (of indian desent) to check in, I was confused when she gave me a key anyways! So we went to check out the room since we had the key. The room was horrible and nightmarish!! Then her husband called our room and asked for my confirmation number and thats when he realized that our reservations were for the hotel down the street. After yelling at us for "dirtying the room" (of course we didnt touch anything to avoid catching a disease) we left very happy knowing we would not be spending another second there!!

Room Tip: Go the opposite way from this place!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Chelsey S

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Napa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I've stayed in SF quite a bit, and always like staying at the smaller hotels then anything fancy.

Got this room for a few nights in planning for a birthday. Had called around quite a few hotels in the area that were listed as having free parking on site, a major requirement for my plan.

This was the only one that answered the phone on the first ring, was able to tell me the availability and cost, and made my reservation without any issues.

So started off on a great note.

Checked in without an issue, room was clean, bathroom was clean. Bed was comfortable.

Cable went out overnight for a short while but probably due to the wind blowing around the receiver...

Late in the night I noticed a homeless woman outside my room on the stairs. NO big deal, it's SF, there's homeless everwhere. Called down to the office and she was promptly told to leave.

Location and neighborhood were both good for SF.

Yes, the Juddha train runs out front at all hours, but it's a very dull sound and was reminiscent of a ocean wave to me, I slept like a baby. But I have never had a room in SF that was "quiet", so if you're trying to get away from the big city, don't stay in SF.

Up the street is a Thai Cottage restaurant, definitely stop there.

Will definitely be back to this place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

We stayed here for three nights this past September. We were looking for a place with convenient access to downtown and secure on site parking where we wouldn't pay a fortune and wouldn't get stuck in morning SF traffic when leaving - we were heading south on the coast highway when leaving and this provided great access to that route. I've fought my way through San Francisco morning traffic from downtown before - not really knowing my route and following the Garmin GPS - and I prefer not to do that again.

Our room had a fridge and a microwave, a double bed, a bathroom and a credenza sort of dresser. The room was small but very clean - as was the bathroom - no funny smells in our room. The window opened onto the outdoor hallway and we opened it at night when we got back to the room for some fresh air, but we closed it when we went to sleep. We were at the back on the second floor overlooking the car park area so we didn't really hear the trolly as it came and went. We were hardly in the room anyway. Too much to do and see!

It was very easy to get to where ever we wanted to go on the trolly line because it goes downtown where you can connect with everything from BART to the MUNI Buses etc.

The owners were friendly and organized with regard to check in and check out - we had a reservation. This motel is what I would describe as pretty spartan, the decor was 20th century mobile home, but it was comfortable and our towels and linens were clean. When we return by air we'll probably stay closer to downtown since we won't care about the parking, but this worked really well for this trip.

Christchurch, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

Stayed 4 nights here as we were on a budget.

Cons:
Funny smell as you walked in-definitely needs a make over.
No fitted sheet or underlay which was REALLY annoying.
Noisy street outside due to the muni train but we got used to that.
NO Tea and coffee facilities or anything usefull
Parking was a first in first serve so we made sure we were in early.

Pros:
HEAPS of tv channels which i loved
Room was big and away from bathroom which was a nice change from all the other places we had stayed in recently...
Had a fridge and microwave

Should be a little cheaper for what it was but not as bad as some we have stayed in.

Room Tip: Away from the bar end and maybe away from the roadside as well if you are a light sleeper.
Reno, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

We paid $113 for our room only to find out the room was run down with a bad smell,the bed does not even have a fitted sheet, it was a piece of thin cloth,everything looks very cheap. The muni train was running nearby until 12pm and started again in the early morning. There was also a bar right below our room, they close at 3am. Like the other reviews point out,the room does not worth your money. But if you had to stay in this location, you wouldn't have many choices, the pros are, they provide microwave, hair dryer and a fridge. If you are very low maintenance and an easy sleeper,go give it a try, if not, try to avoid this place.

3 Thank yymm
Santa Clara, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

The only good thing I can say about this motel was that it came with a refrigerator and microwave with no additional charge (although they should come standard in the room)

-Service of staff was satisfactory, could have been more friendly.

-Carpet was dirty, the towels had hair, and we found a used towel hanging by the door with pubic hair and brown stains.

-Room and furniture is outdated, and mattress is flat.

-Room also had musky smell

-Thin walls- could hear every toilet flush and water running in every room surrounding ours

-Refrigerator was noisy

*Beach Motel rate should be cheaper for the quality. Even though we stayed during the weekend and it is by beach in San Francisco, I don't think it's worth the money. I've stayed at other motels in cities like SF and have received better service and rooms

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Economy Inn
#166 of 227 in San Francisco
Music City Hotel
#126 of 227 in San Francisco
Rodeway Inn & Suites San Francis...
#159 of 227 in San Francisco
Mirage Inn & Suites
#151 of 227 in San Francisco

Been to Beach Motel? Share your experiences!