Beach Motel
US$395
US$253
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$388
US$368
  • Room Service
US$302
US$272
US$222
US$194
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$259
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$317
US$255
US$284
US$256
US$591
US$500
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$472
US$251
US$359
US$307
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The motel looks very nice inside, clean and spacious. It has a mini fridge and microwave. The manager was nice and attentive. The location is close to Ocean Beach. It is in Sunset District, in a residential neighborhood.

The motel did not look appealing at first, but the inside is nice. The manager said that they will remodel the facility. So I guess it will be even better in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Pros - A good cleaning staff, a bright bathroom (not nice, just bright due to it having a skylight), easy access to the Muni (see below), and proximity card locks on the doors. It is near the beach and only a couple blocks from Golden Gate Park. The bed was actually OK (no bed bugs), if you can get to sleep.

Cons - LOUD! The rooms are about 50 feet from the Muni train line and they run from early morning till midnight or so. So every few minutes the room literally shakes as a train loudly goes by. Additionally, the hotel is over a bar, so loud and enebriated patrons spend the night outside yelling at each other till closing time around 2 am. The room itself was very old and run down. The entirety of the available power outlets were on a power strip running from behind the dresser. The window to the fire escape has a pretty wimpy latch, and should be pretty easy to open from outside. Luckily it's on the front of the building.

My wife didn't sleep the first night due to the noise, and we abandoned our paid room for something better before the second night. DON'T GO HERE unless you can sleep through a war.

Room Tip: Read other's reviews - if we had we'd have never gone to this place!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen G
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Doing the aids walk tomorrow so decided to stay the night to avoid the crowds and parking nightmare tomorrow. This was one of the only places left. I was $138 for the night which I didn't mind until we checked in. Room is so small the door bangs into the fridge when trying to come or go. Smashed mirror in bathroom and the wall heater does not have an off button. We got the last room so no use trying to change.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank cityboy_nz
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband ONLY because it was near the bay to breakers finish line. We didn't have many options and figured we wouldn't be in the room much at all... How bad can it be?

Terrible! I literally made myself sick because of how stressed out I was. The hotel is right next to a dive bar which made it very loud. We couldn't get our furnace to turn off. After calling the front desk repeatedly with no answer, my husband walked down. The employee told him to turn the pilot light off and said he had heart surgery so couldn't help. He also couldn't answer the phone?

Besides being hot and loud, the room had extremely old furniture. There was mold growing in the bathroom and the mirror was cracked and held together by masking tape. We took all the blankets off the bed as a precautionary measure and covered our pillows with our extra clothes.

At 6 am, there was a crash on our door like someone ran into it. I jumped up and freaked out. When I went back to bed I noticed there was a stain at the bottom of the sheet and I thought I was bleeding. I wasn't bleeding but there was blood on the sheet. Multiple splotches 1.5 in by 2 in.

We left for bay to breakers immediately and told the same hotel guy when we got back. He said we should have called because there was nothing to do now. But really, if we called he probably wouldn't have answered anyways.

I now need to fumigate my clothes and pray that I didn't catch a disease.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Ellenpierpoint
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The reservation process was quite easy, although the 48 hour cancellation notice is a bit annoying. We changed our plans as our vacation progressed and there was nothing we could do, so we accepted that. Upon arrival, we found the room to be older, but pretty clean and functional. The beds didn't appear to have bugs and there wasn't mold growing up the walls. We had a view of the ocean from our room, as well as a view of the streetcars that run down the street outside our window.

The heater was turned all the way down and we still had to leave a window open to regulate the temperature. Luckily one window did actually open, while the other almost fell off the third story when we tried to open it.

The sheets appeared clean and the bedspreads were fine. We couldn't sleep at all our first night due to all the noise from the street as well as the streetcars that passed on regular intervals. We chose to sleep on the floor of a friend for the second night so that we could actually sleep one of our nights during our stay in the city. We chalked the extra cost up to a casualty of poor planning. It would be well worth it to pay the extra dollars to stay at a bit more respectable hotel where one can actually sleep.

Room Tip: Choose one at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple