“just perfect for the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 325 Sutter Hotel

325 Sutter Hotel
Ranked #150 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Bonn, Germany
“just perfect for the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

i stayed at the hotel for 12 days (two days with girlfriend and 10 for business). this was perfect for us. the room is small but there is enough space to store your stuff. at check-in i got the option to have a quiet room facing a wall or to have a more busy view to the street, i took the quiet room. perfect if you just stay there for sleeping. if you like to cook something yourself you can use the kitchen (could be more equipment in it, but was sufficient for my use)
the room was tidy and the bathroom clean, nothing to complain about. and the staff and manager is great in getting hints what to do
thanks for the great stay, i'll come back :-)

Room Tip: nice location if you have to work in financial district
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Thilo B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Walkable distance from airport Metro stop. 5 min walk to Market street, China town. Clean room with ok Bed, fridge for your beer, sink. Shared bath was the only doubt, but turned out to be no problem - always available when needed (perhaps a turn off if you are planning to spend a lot of time in hotel). Price was cheap by SFO downtown standard. Staff was friendly. Could be noisy - get your ear plugs.

Room Tip: 5th floor, not facing the street.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Heimo_Hanninen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

I did extensive research for a hotel in San Framcisco....much of that was based on tripadvisor reviews of hotels...and yeah, yeah, yeah... What did I expect for $100.00 in Union Square...you know what I expected?....I expected tripadvisor contributors to be honest and not lead me astray....how could anyone give this hotel an excellent, above average or even average rating... Who are you people?.... I don't blame the hotel... If those are the types of rooms they want to rent and be known for...so be it... But come on people...state the facts... Our room smelled so bad I had to smother my arm in perfumed lotion just to make it through the night...the carpet was just plain discusting...the old antique elevator smashed me everytime I went in or out....I could go on and on but why bother...the positives...polite and helpfull staff...Starbucks half a block, (even though the staff treat you like they're the soup natzies)...I would never ever recommend this hotel even to an enemy...

• Stayed June 2012
14 Thank Cindy K

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Avila Beach, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed here for two nights. The "good" = cost and location; the "bad" = quirky shower, erratic wifi and general maintenance. The bathroom window, when closed, still had a 1/4" opening around frame, the TV control was missing, the elevator is a bit of an adventure. We stayed during the US Open tournament so many hotels had no space available.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank slogeo
Nelson, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed at Park Hotel from 26 april to 3 May 2012 and loved it.Booked by email but rang to check as well, its easy to find from montgomery bart station just watch out for the other park hotel down the street [its a bit flasher].The staff are all great we had a front room with bathroom tv and fridge.I knew it would be noisy facing the street so we were offered another room if we wished,but it was bearable and having the outlook was great .The windows are very low which makes it quite unsafe for kids.Theres a communal kitchen on the 3rd floor which i used every morning, its well equiped and has disposable cups plates and cutlery. We got a weekly rate of
$500.00 + tax a bargain this close to union square. I meet a few permanent guests living there all nice people. Eric & Rodel were great even helped to buy baseball tickets on line. Yes it is a little old but if you want flash, go somewhere else and pay 3 times the price. Would definately stay again. DO IT.

Room Tip: Front room is noisier but the outlook was worth it and we enjoyed being up high on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank IanMortimer
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed at The Park Hotel in San Francisco from 21 - 31 May and had a wonderful time.
I had emailed back and forward with Rodel who works at the front desk and when I walked in with my luggage on 21 May, he greeted me by my name and took me upstairs to my room. I requested a street front room and I was given one. The traffic is noisy but you have a nice view of the shops and restaurants on Sutter Street. The rooms are ensuite and clean. The Housekeeping lady did a great job every day. The location is amazing: Macy's is around the corner, so is Market Street and Powell Street. The Gate of Chinatown is 5 minutes walk away. The hotel has one of these Nero Wolfe elevators: I love it !
I had a great stay and found my home in San Francisco !

Room Tip: The rooms out front are noise but you have a better view. Ask for a top floor front room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 70Karen70
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

The title of my review says it all! I had a private room with a shared bathroom and shower. I never had a problem accessing the toilet or shower. Having a sink in the room is handy. Perfect location; close to BART and union square. The only thing to complain about would be that there was a weird smell in the building, but I got use to it. I was a single female travelling by myself and felt very safe.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo