“our laptops were stolen from our room”
Review of 325 Sutter Hotel

325 Sutter Hotel
Ranked #148 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 5 June 2014

It is the worst experience I've had in a hotel in my life. I was on honeymoon and the Park Hotel in San Francisco was the hotel that I use for my last weekend in the United States after more than twenty days travel.
Everything went normally until coincidentally on the last night of my stay someone pulled my wife's laptop, which contained his wallet and jewelry engagement ring plus my work laptop. Not only these valuables were taken but also all our memories that are unrecoverable. Of course I lost all my two years’ work that my laptop contained.
But worst of all is not only the theft but how we were treated and the way they communicate with us after we told what happen. The receptionist did not care about us even though my wife was very scared he wanted us to wait until the next day, apparently this was normal for him, when asked to call the manager he said that he can’t because it was the weekend and he was resting, it is when we called the police. After that, we asked to speak to the manager the next day, but he never showed up and we only spoke on the phone and the first thing he said was that they will not pay for any of our losses, and the best they can do is not charging for accommodation.
I sent a letter with a formal complaint to the hotel a week ago and I got no response so far.
The name of the manager is Jordan K. Buckley; who definitely doesn’t know how to treat tourists.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank aldo s
EmilyNagel, Manager at 325 Sutter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Before anything else is said, I want to whole-heartedly, deeply, and sincerely apologize for this horrible situation. This is not a situation that our company takes lightly and it is very important to us that our guests have a good stay. Having said that, we have 24 hour on call security and cameras to keep the property as safe as possible. Also after hours the front door is locked and only the guests have the key. All these measures are made to makes our guests stay as safe as possible.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stay here for 3 nights last week. The location is good as is jus 3 to 5min walk to union square & chinatown. The place is easy access to transportation to everywhere.
The room is clean & comfortable. The only thing i dont like is that our room is facing back of those restaurant & is really noisy until middle of the night! The walkaway has a weird smell but overall is really good

2  Thank AcuraMelody
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel.Simple, clean a little bit noisy because very central but it's ok. You can simply go to union square, 20 min to the embarcadero, not so far from broadway and norh beach, near BART station. Staff is kind, our room was big, big window. We enjoy it and I vividly recommend it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vitalogyv .
Reviewed 23 May 2014

$95.50 for a room with a double and shared bath in the heart of the Wharf and Financial District. Compare that to a double room with private bath for about $250 on average in the same area. I don't know about you, but all I need is a clean and comfortable bed and clean facilities for a few hours to sleep. I want the rest of my time and money spent out of the room and enjoying the food and sites! Park Hotel served me well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jamesinpdx
Reviewed 21 May 2014

So close to getting off of the BART. Two extremely comfortable beds, my daughter and I enjoyed having our own. Had read the reviews and was worried about safety and noise. Front door had a key at night time. Front desk was very nice and super helpful. We had a room facing the street and kept the window open. For downtown, it was not bad at all. Would definitely book here again. We had a great stay. Two blocks from Chinatown, block from Starbucks, Walgreens every couple of streets and Market street was 3 blocks away, many bus routes ran on this. Loved it!!!

Room Tip: Is worth it to have your own bathroom. Found that there was a kitchen down the hall. A stove, microw...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Park is a very clean old hotel, with few amenities. Depending on the room, it's relatively quiet in the winter, but if you need to keep the windows open, it can be noisy. Bathrooms are good, but need more towel racks, and there should be an outlet at the lavatory so one can dry hair or shave easily. The bed is comfortable, but the rooms can be cramped. I must say that the management is very understanding, and all the folks that we dealt with were very polite, and hospitable.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room on the south end.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Location is great - Union SQ is around the block and close to bus and BART. Place was clean. But - had no charm - painted over it. Industrial grade carpet throughout. Front desk staff was friendly. Wi-Fi works so-so, depends where you are in your room. Just don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. No hard wire Internet connection.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Sutter may be noisy with street traffic, but may have best ventilation - tradeoff.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends