“Definately would stay here again”
Review of 325 Sutter Hotel

325 Sutter Hotel
Ranked #149 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is not only close to the square and Chinatown it's also a very good spot near great restaurants ! This humbling hotels style is very old fashioned with a spin of new I loved it .great stay overall

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Cindy V
Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights ins SF and friends recommended the Park Hotel. As we checked in we got to know Eric. In the next few days he made our stay nearly perfekt. About the rooms: They are not wunderfully beautiful, but quite nice. We'd lucky and had a room-upgrade to a room with bath/wc, so we can't appreciate the shared bath/wc. The WIFI was with 10mbs gorgeous! We read something about noise nights, we didn't hear them, when you think about sleeping in a city...
We also want to thank Eric, helping us when I hurt my ankle. He instandly got me a pair oft crutches and helped us getting soon into the next hospital.
All together it was a great time and a great hotel!

2  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Park Hotel is right in the heart of downtown and if you like walking (which we do), you can walk to Pier 39 in about 40 minutes. The bedroom was clean, the bathrooms and toilets were fairly clean. It was all fine, but nothing special.

I'd agree with other reviewers on here that they have omitted the 's' from their name. It has hostel facilities with hotel prices. However, there is no kitchen and no facilities to even make coffee in the bedroom so you have no choice but to eat every meal out! It was ok - we stayed 6 nights and nothing was bad enough to make us want to leave, but we didn't spend much time there and I felt disappointed that it didn't live up to the photos on the website. It was also pretty pricey for the facilities available; I think you pay for the location and it doesn't offer good value for money.

Oh and the wifi was rubbish - it kept coming and going and the receptionist acknowledged that this happens all the time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
EmilyNagel, Manager at 325 Sutter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Park Hotel! I’m glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel and the location. I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t thoroughly enjoy your stay. There is a kitchen in the Park Hotel’s 3rd floor. I’m sorry about the wifi not working properly; we have just upgraded our wifi but we are continuously trying to keep it a great quality. We hope your next stay with us in San Francisco is more enjoyable!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

SF is for accommodation very overpriced,the hotel is good choice, is not so expensive and the location is really great and strategic place for exploring the city, but you should count, that the hotel is nothing special. Rooms are quite big, clean. Hotel is clean also and is safe and is not noisy.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lubox
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I spent my nights in many hotels and this hotel has a special place in my heart in comparison with all other hotels. Its location is fantastic, right above the Union Square and right below China Town. Their prices are very affordable. You will not get a spectacular room for this price, but their rooms are clean and cozy. The staff is professional and accommodating. This is a friendly little hotel with a location to kill for. Highly recommended for everyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank madakako
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel is very good and a very reasonable price. We had a room with a double bed, TV, Fridge and a toilet and shower. The rooms were clean and secure - more than what you need on a City break. However I don't remember there being any air conditioning, because I had the window open on the first night - FYI - we woke up in the morning with about 10 mosquitos, one of which I managed to catch in my hands (NOT a good idea, do not try and catch mosquitos that way, it gets very messy!) We then obviously slept with the windows closed, but I don't remember being uncomfortable.
The hotel staff and very nice, they give you good advice on places to visit and the easiest way to get places.
We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, but we did go to a great bakery, 2 minute walk, just down the hill.
The location of this hotel is fantastic, no matter what direction you go there will be something to see within about 5 minutes, shops, restaurants, bars, museums ect. To the most direct point to the bay, its about 15 minute walk.
We booked through a comparing website and got a good deal, so I would advise doing the same for this hotel.
All in all, it is a good value for money hotel, great location, clean and safe.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KirstyKelly
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed for 3 nights last week (end of June), as with most places in SF it didn't come cheap. It was over $330 for the stay in a room with no bathroom.

The room wasn't dirty, but it wasn't what you'd call clean either. I wouldn't walk around the room barefoot and again, the bedding wasn't dirty but it was worn and could do with replacing.

I had a room overlooking Sutter St (502), it was noisy day and night but as there was no air con or ceiling fan I had to keep the windows open.

It's in a great location, just a short walk to Union Sq. Loris diner on the corner of Sutter & Powell is great for breakfast btw.

My overall impression of the hotel was 'depressing', peeled paint, low watt light bulbs, dark corners and a long walk to the bathroom/shower room.

I wouldn't say here again, I'd definitely look somewhere else before booking, and there is no way I would bring my family here.

Any questions then get in touch.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo