“Really weird experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #149 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Really weird experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel 2 years ago and was very satisfied. I have therefore booked this hotel again. Got a confirmation of this booking in May. And now one week before arrival I have got an email that the room is cancelled - by me!! I have not cancelled. I have phoned them, emailed them and even send a fax yesterday. But they do not reply.
That is not an acceptable behaviour of a hotel. You can't trust them, so better find another place to stay

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Richardt H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

So right this little hotel if all you need is a good bed and clean room. Location is all yoo perfect. I walked to the convention center, shopping mall, union square, and china town all in one day! Parking was expensive in the nearby parking garages so I need to figure that one out for next time. To get to the fishermans wharf, just a quick hop on the trolley from union station. I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Adelepr
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel has everything going for it - great location, friendly & helpful staff, spacious ensuite bathroom and clean - unfortunately the room we were in faced the back alley and the mattress was in need of replacement (partly collapsed).

We were pleased to arrive to a clean room with space after LA. We were checked in by a friendly and courteous gentleman at the front desk after midnight. At all times we found the staff to be very good. No breakfast available at the hotel, but plenty of great breakfast options nearby - try La Boulange just down the street.

Unfortunately our room (221) was down the end of the hall and faced the back alley. This alley was very noisy all night. Garbage collection, people yelling, and other disturbances. Also, the bed in this room was in disrepair and required replacement. I did not sleep well on any of the three nights and this is most important to me in a hotel.

Last but not least, the WiFi was very hit or miss. It often dropped out and was never really strong enough to complete tasks.

I would happily stay at this hotel again in another room with a bed which was not in disrepair.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the front as it's less likely to be noisy and more likely to have a str...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sots_Melb
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

IT was basic. Location was great and the rooms were clean. The internet was free and the TV worked so i cant complain. The fornt people were nice. Nearby car park was $32 per night but that is usual for SF.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Inglewood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is not only close to the square and Chinatown it's also a very good spot near great restaurants ! This humbling hotels style is very old fashioned with a spin of new I loved it .great stay overall

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank Cindy V
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights ins SF and friends recommended the Park Hotel. As we checked in we got to know Eric. In the next few days he made our stay nearly perfekt. About the rooms: They are not wunderfully beautiful, but quite nice. We'd lucky and had a room-upgrade to a room with bath/wc, so we can't appreciate the shared bath/wc. The WIFI was with 10mbs gorgeous! We read something about noise nights, we didn't hear them, when you think about sleeping in a city...
We also want to thank Eric, helping us when I hurt my ankle. He instandly got me a pair oft crutches and helped us getting soon into the next hospital.
All together it was a great time and a great hotel!

2 Thank Paul S
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Park Hotel is right in the heart of downtown and if you like walking (which we do), you can walk to Pier 39 in about 40 minutes. The bedroom was clean, the bathrooms and toilets were fairly clean. It was all fine, but nothing special.

I'd agree with other reviewers on here that they have omitted the 's' from their name. It has hostel facilities with hotel prices. However, there is no kitchen and no facilities to even make coffee in the bedroom so you have no choice but to eat every meal out! It was ok - we stayed 6 nights and nothing was bad enough to make us want to leave, but we didn't spend much time there and I felt disappointed that it didn't live up to the photos on the website. It was also pretty pricey for the facilities available; I think you pay for the location and it doesn't offer good value for money.

Oh and the wifi was rubbish - it kept coming and going and the receptionist acknowledged that this happens all the time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EmilyNagel, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Park Hotel! I’m glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel and the location. I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t thoroughly enjoy your stay. There is a kitchen in the Park Hotel’s 3rd floor. I’m sorry about the wifi not working properly; we have just upgraded our wifi but we are continuously trying to keep it a great quality. We hope your next stay with us in San Francisco is more enjoyable!