Harcourt Hotel
US$195
US$155
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$432
US$215
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$220
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$214
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$421
US$209
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$454
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2011

For $273.00 a week you can rent a poorly cleaned room with a private bath replete with roaches, brain fried residents that tweek, yell and trip through the wee hours of the morning. The rooms are small, the carpet filthy, the comforter looked to have a thousand cigarette burns in it, the blanket had a giant hole in it and the surrounding area crawls with tranny hookers. Only stay here if you are desparate. No tv and spotty internet.

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank truthmaster
Reviewed 28 May 2010

I recently stayed at the Harcourt as when i arrived at my preferred hotel my booking had been cancelled, So the only place we could find a room was the Harcourt hotel. The room cost $67.

We recieved a warm welcome from the gentleman on the front desk. Once we had checked in and seen our room we were shocked. The place was terrible, old bedding, windows that didnt open, flies in the room the list is endless. We was close to handing the keys back but as there was a marathon on in town we had nowhere to stay. When teatime came we didnt feel safe leaving any kind of valubles in the room as the door was old and anyone could break in by leaning heavy on the door. So we took everything of any value with us.
When arriving back at the hotel we agreed to leave asap in the morning. Before going to bed i had to pile the 2 suitcases up against the door as i was convinsed we would get burgled in our sleep.

Looking at previous reviews it seems it is mainly used for residential purposes & best to keep it that way.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gask007
Reviewed 25 October 2008

I was in SF last year to study for a couple months.

The school people chose this hotel for me, saying it was ok, not 5 stars, but decent, lots of foreign students, long term residents, etc... [--]!

They forgot to say that the "long term residents" included people on parole, ex-cons, etc... not my kind of ideal student trip to SF!

Not to mention the "hotel" itself is hedious, old, dirty, with a disgusting filthy bath; dust all over the room. I couldn't barely sleep, because the matress was probably at least 40 years old. Do I need to add it was dirty and smelly as well?

I guess even homeless people (who, by the way, gather in the neighborhood) could stand this hotel. They deserve more than this!

Stay away! I couldn't stand it more than 2 days. The new hotel the school book me in was not that good as well, but at least I felt secure there.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Rodrigo S
Reviewed 16 October 2007

We booked this hotel, knowing nothing of the area in which it was located. We were looking for a place to sleep during our stay in SF -- something less than $100 per night. We found it. We were a bit apprehensive due to it also being a residence hotel with weekly and monthly rates and many rooms without private baths.

We found exactly what we were looking for. We don't need daily maid service -- we can pick up after ourselves, we don't need the little bottles of shampoo and lotion. This is a 100 year old hotel, with the original claw-foot tub, old elevator, front desk, etc. But the on site manager and the front desk staff were outstanding. We felt completely secure, our linens were very clean (although there was a cigarette burn in the blanket -- who cares!), the bathroom was clean, the common areas were clean. I have recommended this hotel to close friends because it is friendly, clean, walking distance to the heart of SF.

If you are looking for a Hilton or some other large franchise lodging facility, this is not for you. If, however, you are looking for a place to sleep, a place with some real character and history, and a place where the staff is consistent, honest, and VERY helpful, this is the place for you. We would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank FloridaMagnolia
Reviewed 22 September 2007

Just returned from a holiday in san francisco,Unfortunately I happened to stay at this hotel! due to all other hotels I wanted to stay at being full.the location was not too bad for getting around the city.But the hotel itself was awful shabby and looked very uncared for,the best part of it was the reception area after that it was all downhill.Trying to sleep in room was impossible due to traffic noise as hotel was at a crossroads of 2 main roads all night long lorries and motorbikes passing below window. asked to change room but told there was not any avaiable,At reception was told to leave t.v on with sound turned up to drown out noise,But even t.v did not work as there was no aerial.I would advise anyone not to stay here there are much better options about the area for the same rates.The Grant hotel also the Mayflower hotel are so much better to stay at.

Stayed: September 2007