“Great Stay”

Ranked #7 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Los Angeles, California
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I would highly recommend the St Regis in San Francisco! The location is great...close to many good restaurants and bars, although the bar at the hotel can't be beat! The service is wonderful as are the rooms. Good views!

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
DC, Beirut
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was our second visit to the St. Regis. Its a very nice property. Elegant Lobby and the Rooms are very nice. Great Bathrooms with a separate shower and tub. We were upgraded to a Metropolitan Suite which are about 1000 sq feet. Bigger than our first apartment :). The property is very convenient if you are attending an event at the Moscone Center. Its very close to Union Square and all the shops. Also the restaurant Ame is very good.

My only complaint would be Vitrine, the restaurant on the 4th floor for Breakfast and Lunch. The service was not great. We had to ask 3 times for an empty plate.

I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your review of your recent visit to The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Lobby décor, guestrooms amenities, and dinner in Ame restaurant. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your overall experience, and please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss the details of your stay or a future visit with us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed here recently in a Grand Deluxe room and was very impressed - comfortable bed, pleasant staff and a nice ambience everywhere. The touch screen controls for the lighting and curtains was a bit gimmicky but it did work. Parking was valet only and expensive but this is pretty normal for San Francisco!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oliver985
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel and enjoyed our guestroom amenities, décor, and hotel staff. We hope to welcome you back to the “Best Address” soon.

Sonoma CA
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Generally, I like the St. Regis hotels although they are pretty pricy. This one is no exception. The ambience is lovely. The rooms spacious and the service excellent.
We booked just one night to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were upgrade to an amazing suite with a full living room and even a dinning table. The suite would have had great views if it was not for the construction site next to the hotel which is part of redoing the Modern Museum. But the noise from the construction of unbearable. I had to ask for a downgrade on the other side of the hotel. There room was much smaller but it was quiet. What I can't imagine is that they actually sell the suite and for about $1,200 a night. Hotel's should let you know in advance about this kind of thing. They are of course not responsible for the noise but they are responsible for informing their customers in my opinion.
Everything is very expensive but I knew that going it. But I do expect quality for that. The breakfast was really disappointing for instance.
Bottom line, I would go back but will be more careful about making sure I get a quiet room.

Room Tip: Get on the park view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank avrammiller
Los Angeles, Ca
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We have stayed here many times. The beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms have a separate bathtub and shower. I have also stayed in some of the suites which are lovely. I like the 10 series deluxe rooms because I don't like the bathtub that opens to the bedroom with the shuttered enclosure. The 10 series also has a separate dressing table area.
The bar is gorgeous and a hopping place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you won't hear the noise from construction of the museum.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you enjoy our guestroom décor, amenities, and the atmosphere of our Lobby Lounge. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next stay, as we hope to see you in the near future.

Singapore
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I booked a Premier Corner Room at the St Regis San Francisco, having stayed here before a few times before. I managed to negotiate a special pre-paid rate with the reservations manager. Unfortunately, the hotel over-charged to my credit card by a significant amount and did not even realize it until I raised it with the revenue management supervisor! Hence, there was the hassle of having to credit back the amount to my credit card. That took a while to sort out.

Upon arrival at the hotel, I was allocated a room that was NOT the Premier (Corner) Room, but one category lower! I did not even realize this until I checked on the hotel website and verified with the front desk receptionist. No apology was given and all that was communicated to me was that there was a mistake and misunderstanding on their part.

This is supposed to be a professionally run and managed hotel and its the St Regis for goodness sake! I was quite shocked and very disappointed with the entire series of mishaps and errors. After having stayed in this hotel twice before, I doubt that I will ever return again. The errors made leave a very bad "after taste", and I would caution anyone who is looking for a high end hotel to stay here.

1 Thank SingaporeGuy10
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with The St. Regis San Francisco. I sincerely apologize for the payment problems prior to arrival and the miscommunication with your guest room upon check-in at the Front Desk. While we did adjust your folio to reflect the lower room category, I understand that you were looking forward to the Executive Premier room and were not alerted to the change. I hope that you will allow me to continue this conversation with you directly, so that we may further discuss the details of your stay.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The St. Regis is a beautiful Hotel. It is well located, hip, clean, without being pretentious. It is exactly what you would expect for the price. The service was excellent, best described as attentive but not smothering. We did not have a drink at the bar in the lobby but it was busy and looked appealing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple