“Best hotel service!”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was treated like the Queen that I am. The hospitality here was impeccable!! I'm a fan! No words! You have to experience the suite. I was able to relax prior to being on the go, again. Great stay!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LadyDSM
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and that you were able to relax and enjoy your stay in your suite. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit, as we hope to welcome you back soon.
Anthony.duggan@stregis.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here complements of my work. I was sent for a conference which was taking place in this hotel. From the valet, to the concierge, the wait staffs, to housekeeping… all were courteous, friendly, helpful and cheerful. The room was large, spacious, quiet and very comfortable. The padded hangers were a nice touch. It was very nice to have the bathroom on the back side of the room itself, which allowed for the light to be on in the bathroom and not be shining in the eyes of those sleeping. The conference rooms were nice and a great place to host an event. The conference area had a comfortable atmosphere (air temperature) and came with a good continental breakfast. Pads and pens were provided; ice water and hard candy provided to keep your stomach from growling when the speaker runs long and keeps you from getting to that wonderful lunch. I would stay at this hotel again without question.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Michelle G

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind words about our staff, amenities, food, and décor. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit, as we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

the St Regis is a modern hotel in a good location.
rooms are more standard business class hotel than St.Regis NYC style; well appointed.
nice bathroom amenities from their spa.
my corner premier executive was noisy during the night (traffic), so earplugs needed.
pool is great. staff very friendly.
the breakfast was a big disappointment. ordered a bagel with salmon and their signature Mission & 3rd selection; and both had me cry; never seen such a below standard offering as this -I don't get this from a St.Regis. So I did as I was advised by my local friends: cross the street and take breakfast at The Grove.
a pity from the breakfast experience -I'll be back in September at the St. Regis and look forward to see if they improved on that. if that's the case, it will be a 5/5 review.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ErwinFromBelgium

Dear Guest,
Thank you taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I sincerely appreciate your comments and apologize for the noise disturbance due to the city traffic, and your experience with breakfast in Vitrine. I encourage you to contact me directly so that we may discuss the details of your stay and how we may improve prior to your visit in September.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We just stayed at the St. Regis San Francisco for 4th of July weekend. The hotel is beautiful and our metropolitan suite was extremely spacious and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was luxurious, and I loved the automated system used to change the temperature and lighting. I am Platinum with SPG and chose breakfast as my amenity. As others have mentioned, the breakfast is an upscale continental. I thought it was delicious and really enjoyed the yogurt and granola in particular.

The reason I'm taking off two stars is the butler service. The butler service at the hotel was well below my expectations. After being checked in by a very friendly and professional associate, she called the butler to take us to our room. She did not offer to assist with our bags, rushed through showing us our room, and was just terse in general-definitely not what I'd expect from a hotel of this caliber! She also provided incorrect information regarding the spa. When I asked if the spa amenities are available to guests not getting spa treatments, she told me that they are available free and charge. Hoping to relax a bit before heading out, we went down to the spa to take a quick dip in the jacuzzi and were told that this would cost $40, as there is a $20 spa usage fee. After spending 100+ nights with Starwood, I did not appreciate being nickle and dimed like this-especially after being given incorrect information. The spa associate offered to allow us to pay for only 1 pass but I annoyed at that point given that I pointed out that our butler had stated it was complimentary. Our butler also failed to point out that apparently there is separate panel on the door to indicate whether you want your room made up. Because this was apparently left on and never pointed out to us, we missed out on turn down service. I found this irritating, given that this is a hallmark of a hotel like the St. Regis.

While I would definitely stay at the St. Regis SF again, I would never spend additional money to get a suite here. They did not do anything to make the suite experience special.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaimie_u
William F, Director of Sales at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I sincerely apologize on behalf of our team for the misunderstanding regarding the spa facilities and the inconvenience that is caused. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel décor and amenities and I encourage you to contact me directly prior to your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Love the St Regis Hotels and this is no exception. Hip decor and comfortable rooms with great attentive staff. Items that kept it from 5 stars were room cleanliness, desperately need carpet cleaning and floor scrubbing, and really poor water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank yreme
William F, Director of Sales at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments regarding areas of improvement in the hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit as we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference. Great location for conference centre. Room was quite small and expensive. Checkin service was not great. But the rest of the Hotel service was excellent. Very expensive so I did expect a lot. Not sure it delivered, but I probably would stay here again if I had a conference here.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I sincerely apologize on behalf of our staff for your experience upon arrival and encourage you to contact me directly so that we may discuss the details of your visit. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to San Francisco.
Daniela Cataldo
Director of Front Office
(415) 284-4000
Daniela.cataldo@stregis.com

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I liked this hotel, but didn't love. After staying at other St. Regis hotel's my expectations were high. In some places it was fabulous in others weak. I am platinum, and I had to ask for an upgrade, no offering of late check out, or paper small services that are common for the St. Regis. Also the continental breakfast is $29 and so not worth it, I wanted to switch to a full breakfast they said I couldn't do it even thought the full breakfast was less expensive on the menu. They were VERY inflexible with this. I had a card that told us how long we had breakfast and the waiter in the restaurant actually argued that we needed one for each day. if that was an issue they should have taken it up with the front desk and not us, very unprofessional. Bed was great, housekeeping did a great job and front door staff was super. the concierge helped us book a day trip and went above and beyond, but the small things that went wrong disappointed me. Of all the St. Regis I have stayed not my favorite one, needs a little work

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
William F, Director of Sales at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I regret to hear that we were unable to provide you with a flawless experience and appreciate your comments regarding the continental breakfast. We will certainly address these concerns with our team. Thank you for your kind words about our Housekeeping and Concierge teams, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next stay.