“treat you well, great service”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #9 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Pasco, Washington
“treat you well, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed in January for 5 nights. Close enough to the Moscone center (5 minute walk) Staff were very nice and remembered our names, (somewhat) Very nice rooms and comfortable beds. They would clean your room after you left and turn down the beds right before you got back. Unfortunately sometimes the timing was a little off and they walked in while I was changing once and came in while we were there a few other times. It didnt bother me a whole lot but just be aware that if you don't want them to come in then put out the 'do not disturb' sign. Mandatory valet parking and sometimes we were waiting for that service.

overpriced hotel bar, you might almost laugh at the prices unless you are made of money (I am not) but then again with how much it costs to stay there a night you probably wouldn't even wink. my view was of a construction sight but I wasn't in the room much so no matter. Never went to the restaurant. there is a pool on the 5th or something like that floor but we didn't swim.

Would definitely reccomend if you are rich. If you aren't then dont go broke for the amazing service they offer.

Room Tip: elevators are in the middle of the building so rooms are equal distance from elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. I ma delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay and appreciate your kind words about our staff and service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit as we hope to welcome you back soon.
Anthony.duggan@stregis.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
McLean, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was my second stay at the St. Regis and after the experience that I had two years ago, I really wanted to try somewhere different but my husband insisted that we try it again. (He stays here for business 1-2 times a year when in SF.)

The layout and the decor of these rooms was the best of any of the hotels we experienced in our summer travels in CA as well as overseas, it could be a five star experience if they can address staffing and technology.

Several of the service issues that I experienced last time (and made me no want to return) have been resolved (housekeeping, bell staff, concierge), but the WiFi is still ridiculously expensive, is of questionable merit and limits the number of devices. IMHO, if you charge for WiFi (which I don't think should happen for repeat guests anyway), you need to allow a decent number of devices (more than 2-3) to be connected at any time. If you are a single business traveler, you may have an ipad, iphone and a laptop and if you are traveling with family, that number can easily double. Requiring guests to log out of one device to be able to connect another (after making a phone call to technical support) makes this the most unfriendly process of all similarly situated hotels.

On this visit, we had excellent service from the bell staff and in the restaurant but the Front Desk experience was frosty. For example, I ran back to the room to use the restroom ahead of my family and upon arrival at the room, I found that our one key no longer worked. I went to the front desk and she called security (despite my name being on the reservation) to take me to the room to verify my ID and the quick trip back to the room became a 15-20 minute ordeal....no apology or reason why the key stopped working. Another technology snafu?

PS Just a heads up, if you are traveling with children older than toddlers, do not use the sofa option in the suite -- opt for a rollaway.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on higher floors are the best.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay, and appreciate your kind words regarding the service and our staff. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the key malfunction and encourage you to contact me directly so that we may further discuss the details of your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the best address in the near future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was treated like the Queen that I am. The hospitality here was impeccable!! I'm a fan! No words! You have to experience the suite. I was able to relax prior to being on the go, again. Great stay!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LadyDSM
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and that you were able to relax and enjoy your stay in your suite. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit, as we hope to welcome you back soon.
Lake Forest, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here complements of my work. I was sent for a conference which was taking place in this hotel. From the valet, to the concierge, the wait staffs, to housekeeping… all were courteous, friendly, helpful and cheerful. The room was large, spacious, quiet and very comfortable. The padded hangers were a nice touch. It was very nice to have the bathroom on the back side of the room itself, which allowed for the light to be on in the bathroom and not be shining in the eyes of those sleeping. The conference rooms were nice and a great place to host an event. The conference area had a comfortable atmosphere (air temperature) and came with a good continental breakfast. Pads and pens were provided; ice water and hard candy provided to keep your stomach from growling when the speaker runs long and keeps you from getting to that wonderful lunch. I would stay at this hotel again without question.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Michelle G
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind words about our staff, amenities, food, and décor. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit, as we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

the St Regis is a modern hotel in a good location.
rooms are more standard business class hotel than St.Regis NYC style; well appointed.
nice bathroom amenities from their spa.
my corner premier executive was noisy during the night (traffic), so earplugs needed.
pool is great. staff very friendly.
the breakfast was a big disappointment. ordered a bagel with salmon and their signature Mission & 3rd selection; and both had me cry; never seen such a below standard offering as this -I don't get this from a St.Regis. So I did as I was advised by my local friends: cross the street and take breakfast at The Grove.
a pity from the breakfast experience -I'll be back in September at the St. Regis and look forward to see if they improved on that. if that's the case, it will be a 5/5 review.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ErwinFromBelgium
Dear Guest,
Thank you taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I sincerely appreciate your comments and apologize for the noise disturbance due to the city traffic, and your experience with breakfast in Vitrine. I encourage you to contact me directly so that we may discuss the details of your stay and how we may improve prior to your visit in September.
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We just stayed at the St. Regis San Francisco for 4th of July weekend. The hotel is beautiful and our metropolitan suite was extremely spacious and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was luxurious, and I loved the automated system used to change the temperature and lighting. I am Platinum with SPG and chose breakfast as my amenity. As others have mentioned, the breakfast is an upscale continental. I thought it was delicious and really enjoyed the yogurt and granola in particular.

The reason I'm taking off two stars is the butler service. The butler service at the hotel was well below my expectations. After being checked in by a very friendly and professional associate, she called the butler to take us to our room. She did not offer to assist with our bags, rushed through showing us our room, and was just terse in general-definitely not what I'd expect from a hotel of this caliber! She also provided incorrect information regarding the spa. When I asked if the spa amenities are available to guests not getting spa treatments, she told me that they are available free and charge. Hoping to relax a bit before heading out, we went down to the spa to take a quick dip in the jacuzzi and were told that this would cost $40, as there is a $20 spa usage fee. After spending 100+ nights with Starwood, I did not appreciate being nickle and dimed like this-especially after being given incorrect information. The spa associate offered to allow us to pay for only 1 pass but I annoyed at that point given that I pointed out that our butler had stated it was complimentary. Our butler also failed to point out that apparently there is separate panel on the door to indicate whether you want your room made up. Because this was apparently left on and never pointed out to us, we missed out on turn down service. I found this irritating, given that this is a hallmark of a hotel like the St. Regis.

While I would definitely stay at the St. Regis SF again, I would never spend additional money to get a suite here. They did not do anything to make the suite experience special.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jaimie_u
William F, Director of Sales at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I sincerely apologize on behalf of our team for the misunderstanding regarding the spa facilities and the inconvenience that is caused. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel décor and amenities and I encourage you to contact me directly prior to your next visit to the hotel.
Lilian Wagner
Director of Sales & Marketing
Lilian.wagner@stregis.com
415.284.4000
Bend, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Love the St Regis Hotels and this is no exception. Hip decor and comfortable rooms with great attentive staff. Items that kept it from 5 stars were room cleanliness, desperately need carpet cleaning and floor scrubbing, and really poor water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank yreme
William F, Director of Sales at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments regarding areas of improvement in the hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit as we hope to welcome you back soon.
Lilian Wagner