“No complaints, but good be better”

The St. Regis San Francisco
Ranked #9 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Toronto, Canada
“No complaints, but good be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I don't consider myself a demanding hotel guest, so when things aren't perfect for me, I have to dock a star.

The good:

- Fantastic rooms -- modern and comfortable
- Great check-in experience (upgraded a couple room classes after inquiring, thanks to SPG Gold/Amex Platinum)
- Good location

The bad:
- When I ordered room service breakfast one morning, I was told it would arrive by 10:15am. By 10:25, it still wasn't there and I had to cancel as I was meeting friends
- I attempted to reach the front desk multiple times one night (letting the phone ring for 15-30 seconds each time) to arrange for a wake-up call and nobody answered at all. This is probably the biggest pet peeve of mine at *any* hotel (see my review of the Gramercy Park Hotel in New York) -- I absolutely hate when multiple calls to the front desk go unanswered
- No chocolate for turndown service (Okay, this is a pretty minor gripe. #firstworldproblems, I know)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at this elegant hotel for three nights and it was wonderful. We had two adjoining rooms which suited our needs perfectly. The Metropolitan Suite was posh and the deluxe room was great for the kids. We enjoyed the pool. Overall service in the hotel was polished and exemplary. It was perfection. There is construction going on nearby to the hotel but in no way detracted from the experience of staying at this elegant hotel.St. Regis Hotel San Francisco is highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank saint22
Anthony D, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share you review of The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and appreciate your kind words about our service and staff. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next stay.
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

An oasis of peace and attention to detail in a perfect location.
Rooms are perfectly put together. Loved the quietness and service.
Just make sure you don't get a room close to or facing the Museum of Modern Art since it's next door and under construction until 2014.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank CRbyNataly
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay and appreciate your kind words regarding our Concierge team. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit.
TEL AVIV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We had amazing time .Its starts at the reception - very helpful and we got an upgrade as well. The concierge - very professional - they fix us the booking in Napa valley and all the dinners in SF as well.
Price - not chip but worth every dollar. I strongly recommend this hotel.Y

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank YHZTelAviv
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful visit at our hotel and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Despite not being impressed with the exterior (Being spoiled by the St. Regis in New York City), the rest of my experience at this hotel could only be described as impeccable. I was there for a two day business meeting. My experience with the room, the meals and the meeting facilities were top notch. The room was extremely luxurious and the maid/Butler service was quite amazing in terms of their attention to detail and thoroughness. Highly recommended!

Green Features: Consistent with what I have seen with other hotels, nothing extraordinary though.
1 Thank Jeffrey L
William F, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share you review of The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you had an exceptional stay during your recent business trip. We appreciate your comments regarding the room décor, amenities, and service, and hope to welcome you back the best address in near future.
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

You definitely get what you pay for at St. Regis. The higher cost of the rooms compared to other SF hotels is notable but the level of quality, amenities, and service is impeccable. Large rooms with very large bathrooms -- walk in shower and full sized soaking tub. Full lighting and shade remote controls from the incredibly comfortable beds. Tranquility and peace in the rooms and hallways -- I never heard anyone else outside my room once in the room. Not a single complaint or issue with the hotel. Five stars.

1 Thank Gerard B
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

What's not to like about this understated but sophisticated, modern, world class hotel in SF? Great personal service. Great room amenities. Best, most intuitive,easy to use, bedside room controller I have ever used. My only complaint is that there is a bright blue led clock on the bedside controller which I could not find a way to dim. Probably my bad. In the end I dimmed it the old fashion way by throwing a pillow over it. I was on a high floor over the front of the hotel. The room was quiet and well insulated. That said I was still woken up once by some very loud noise outside the hotel. This is downtown SF. I don't think there is anyway to escape that. I would definitely stay again.

1 Thank likequietLA
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The St. Regis San Francisco. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed our guestroom décor, amenities, and service. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the bedside light and appreciate your understanding of the city traffic noise. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit.