“Worth it!”

San Francisco Wharf and Waterfront Segway Tour
Ranked #1 of 299 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The original San Francisco Segway Tour company. Come glide through San Francisco with us. Segways are easy to learn and fun to ride. We offer 2.5 hour fully guided and narrated Segway tours of the waterfront, North Beach, Chinatown and Golden Gate Park. Choose from 5 fun routes with frequent daily and evening departures. We have 2 convenient locations: Fisherman's Wharf and Golden Gate Park.Our tours are fun and informative. Read our reviews - we love having fun and so do our guests. We offer entertaining and thorough Segway rider training before you depart to explore and learn about the city We guarantee a personal experience with our small groups of 9 or less guests per tour guide.( 8 or less in the Park) Not only are the Segways fun to ride you will enjoy hearing stories, history and tales of the city. Each rider is issued a small radio receiver with a earbud so the tour narration can be heard as you glide from one scenic location to another. We want you to be safe and visible as we travel along many bike lanes so everybody gets (and some dislike) our highly visible and reflective vests. Warm jackets, fuzzy gloves and rain gear are all available at no charge if the fog, wind or rain makes an appearance.All Segway guests must be age 12 and older plus over 100 lbs. (45kg) No pregnant guests. Choose from these tours: Wharf and Waterfront Segway Adventure, Night Segway tour of Chinatown, Little Italy and Waterfront or the official Golden Gate Park Segway Tour. For riders that have been on segway tour before we offer two advanced tours: Hills of San Francisco tour that includes the crookedest street and Telegraph Hill or the Golden Gate Park Advanced Tour. All Segway tours are $ 75.00 per person and advanced reservations are encouraged.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I wanted to see the park, and my boyfriend wanted to ride a segway before leaving San Francisco, so our last day in town we did the electric segway tour. It was worth it!! You see the entire park, which is enormous. We wouldn't have covered so much ground if we hadn't done the segway tour, and trust me, there is so much beauty to see. There is also a lot of history that you learn along the way from the tour guide so that was a bonus. The roads were closed the day we visted (Memorial Day) so that was an added benefit since we were allowed to cruise through the streets with our segways. This was one of our highlights to the trip and it was an awesome time!!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,385)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Not my first Segway experience, but going over the hills of San Francisco was the best!! Just our luck, my friend and I were the only ones on this particular tour and we did not miss a thing thanks to our wonderful guide. If you haven't toured by Segway before, be sure and give it a try.

1  Thank ATourist6
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Really enjoyed the segway tour. Kelly was a fantastic guide. Really fun and learnt lots of interesting facts. I would definitely recommend! Great way to see the whole park.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Well worth every penny. The location was perfect for Segway tour. Was able to truly enjoy the ride and experience the beauty of the park all at the same time.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I am a Bay Area resident. I am very familiar with San Francisco. I have given my friends and relatives visiting a personal to our city.

Segway tours are a great, entertaining and fun way to experience our gem of a city even if you've seen it a gazillion times.

No questions or doubts, just do it!!!