“Great food and service”
Review of Sauce

Sauce
Reserve with OpenTable
Sauce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #617 of 5,825 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Hayes Valley
Cross street: Oak and Page
Transit: BART: Civic Center station; Muni Metro: Van Ness; Muni Market Street Trolley 'F' Line: Gough St.; Muni Bus Stop: 6,7,66,71
Description: At Sauce: Gough we serve what we like to call "Social Cuisine" - American comfort fare so good you'll want everyone at the table to try a bite. It's shared food without the tiny plates. Come sample Chef Ben's creations along with some drinks in the intimate Supper Club; cozy up to the beautiful redwood bar for a signature cocktail; or, enjoy a meal in the bustling main dining room. Experience what happens when Comfort Food meets California Cuisine — it could be our Tomato Bisque with white truffle grilled cheese sticks; Portobello mushroom fries; or our signature applewood-smoked-bacon wrapped meatloaf, something is sure to tickle your fancy. Located just a few blocks from the civic center in Hayes Valley, Sauce: Gough is the welcoming result of three partners' desire to create a comfortable spot for drinking and dining. Pre-Show, post-show and for all your private events Sauce is the place. Stop by for dinner any night between 5pm and Midnight and see for yourself; what’s cooking
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Try the cronuts ! The dinner was delish - I had the crab salad....I could have ate two of them. The ginger cosmos were a great after dinner drink

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I think I have officially become a food snob. But when you live in a foodie city and pay these prices, I feel it is justified. The restaurant is loud...cannot hear across the table. The food is good (except the mashed potatoes, a disappointment). Lots of bacon, very rich, cooked to perfect temps. I just wasn't blown away by anything. It was very standard, nothing creative. The negroni was good, but my friend said her Cosmo was on the sweet side. Wines by the glass were below average. The beer taps were not working. We were too full to try dessert. Service was friendly.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Sauce is somewhat retro, but in a good way. I often order the iceberg wedge with bacon, blue cheese and red onion, which I did this time too.. It seemed a bit heavy on the onions, but is an attractive flower-shaped presentation and still good. For my main course I ordered the crab cakes which were excellent and came on a small underpinning of cole slaw.My husband began with the Brussels sprouts salad which he loves and also had the crab cakes. We chatted with the couple at the next table, and this being San Francisco, they shared some of their bacon tater tots with us. Sinfully good! And we indulged in the smashed ice cream dessert.
This is a great before theater restaurant.

1  Thank Bi-coaster
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the poutin and lobster roll served by Matt. To start, we had the bourbon smash gran ma and dark and stormy. My husband had the tomato bisque with truffle bread and Brussel sprout salad. The former being better than the salad. It was the perfect place to start our San Fran adventure.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

They knock it out of the park with exceptional service, great menu, unique preparation and presentation.