“Enjoyable Meal”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Hyde St.
Transit: The F-Line, Polk, Van Ness, and 30 Stockton buses all drop off very near the restaurant.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I were at the pier this past Saturday night after a long day of sightseeing and were surprised on how early other restaurants were closing on the waterfront. We ventured in and decided to be seated as we were running out of options of places to eat.

We had a very polite and informative waiter. Not sure what his name was but he was very personal and a very nice fellow. We started with a beer. Had the clam chowder and then the pacific sole which was one of the fish specials of the day. We both ordered the same thing and were both happy with our meal! it was very good fresh and cooked perfectly. So glad we stopped in for a good meal!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We (wife, son, myself) ate a late dinner here one night on our recent vacation to San Francisco. A Thursday night about 9:00 and the place was still fairly crowded (unlike a couple of other places nearby that were already closing). Our son had a burger and fries, my wife shrimp fetticuine, and I had a combo platter of shrimp, scallops, a crab cake and, mashed potatoes. Everything was very good. We were seated near the front of the restaurant so didn't get any view. Would probably go back again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been here twice. Both times I had the Woodfire roasted crab. The service was good. The bread was non stop, which is a plus since we love our bread and butter. I had the mixed green salad. It was served before my Crab meal. Since the crab is served by itself, I would have preferred to have it served with the meal. I'd go back.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was our favourite bar during our 3 days stay at the Wharf. Just a couple of minutes from the Holiday Inn and directly opposite the Argonaut.
A good drink stop to get out of the heat, that was my excuse anyway - they were showing the World Cup games!
Loved the decor, fishing rods and pictures of big catches.
Friendly bar staff, good drinks selection, and although we only had lunch once (excellent Fish Tacos and sandwiches) the food going out to the restaurant looked excellent.
The bar area had several tables with stools, handy for watching the sport, and the larger restaurant area was through the back.
One thing I noticed was that it was used by local fisherman for lunch/drinks, and they almost always ordered the Calamari or other fish, that should tell you something..

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ate here with our family after sight-seeing. One thing I noticed was that the restaurant was pretty empty. We were here at lunch time on a Saturday. The crab sandwich was ok. It has quite a bit of shell in it, so I spent a lot of time spitting out pieces of shell. We also had crab cakes and they were the same way, very "shell-y". The fish was fresh and good, the fries were good. We had the special, which was a tri-tip steak sandwich. They said it would be 3 nice sized slices of steak. The sandwich had about 5 pieces of steak on each side and each piece was about the size of a nickle. We needed more bread and had to ask 4 people for it before they brought 4 slices and 2 pats of butter for 13 people. Maybe we had a bad day, because I see a lot of people like this restaurant, but overall, I do not think I would eat here again.