Twin Peaks Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beck's Motor Lodge(San Francisco)
Kailash Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Tropica(San Francisco)
View Hotel
The Metro Hotel(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Inn at the Opera(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I booked the Twin Peaks Hotel when the entire city was sold out due to a citywide convention. The only hotels available were creeping the $400 per day range, AirBnB was no better so I gave Twin Peaks a chance. It turned out to be great but you have to know what to expect. It's not a 3-star hotel but it's not hostel either. While most of the rooms are private, bathrooms are shared -- each floor has two bathrooms and 2 toilet rooms, they're both private but everyone on that floor uses them. I was pretty freaked out about that at first however, the bathrooms were very clean and in my 4 days at the hotel I never once ran into another person trying to use it at the same time. Pack your own shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and soap because it's not provided (soap is but it's cheap stuff) or walk to the Walgreen's across the street and buy travel sized bottles. The hotel is kind of old and you are really only getting the basics but I didn't plan to spend much time at the hotel. Staff was very nice. Rate was great, $65 per night. The location is amazing, it's technically in Duboce Triangle but the whole time I thought I was in The Castro. It's on Market St., two blocks from Castro Street. The Church Street Muni stop is a few feet from the door and there are a lot of great restaurants, bars and vintage shops nearby. Room 39 smells like cookiedough but it has a great vanity area. I don't think the place is heated so if it's cold, make sure you bring warm pajamas. I work in luxury hotels and my standards are very high but I left this hotel after three nights, very pleased. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in saving some money.

Room Tip: rooms 39 and 49 are larger, 39 smells like cookie dough but the vanity area is better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
13  Thank Agustin C
Reviewed 4 July 2013

If you have ever spent any time in Europe, this hotel is for you. The are no thrills. The rooms are small double beds with a shared bathroom (4 of each floor 2 shower rooms/2 toilets) they keep these so clean, I have seen then cleaners in there at least 3 times throughout the day and evening. A few rooms have their own bathroom, if you must have it. I find the gentleman who runs the twin peaks to be very funny and willing to help out with whatever you need. I have stayed their over 30 times in the last 5 years. You cant beat the price $69 a night versus $200+ for any other hotel in SF. LOCATION is what its all about, you can walk out your door and catch the vintage F line which goes all the way from Fishermans Wharf to the Castro (which is about a 7 minute walk) you can also walk to lower haight (5 minutes) upper haight (20 minutes) you can be in the heart of the mission (10 minutes) and 2 minute walk to Church st Muni stop, which can get you anywhere you could ever want to go.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the very end of the hall, they have a great breeze and only neighbors on one side
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank 442markc442
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was going to a car show in Pebble Beach and decided to head up to SF being it so close. I made the mistake of thinking I could just pop in the city and get a hotel. Well the only room I found was $429.00 a night and that was NOT in my budget. So I got on my lap top did some searching and came up with this place. Being Im a "Twin Peaks" tv show fan (No relation) I thought I would check it out. I had stayed at a place years ago like this in San Diego and it was a nightmare, dirty, roaches etc. So I aske to see one of the rooms before I said yes, the staff a little Indian lady and her husband were so nice and helpfull! It is not place to stay with your family, but if your in the city and with friends or your old lady and dont want to pay an arm and a leg for room this place is great! I mean hells bells how can you go wrong with $67.00 a night? The room was clean, and the bathroom I was a little nervous at first, was really clean, and private. They had someone on the floor cleaning all the time. You can walk right out side and catch the F Line Trolly right down to the Wharf! Or rent a bike they will let you store it in your room and ride to the Embarcadero, or wharf. Good stay for me, I have stayed twice now.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank hotrodsbydewey
Reviewed 19 February 2011

My partner and I decided to move back to San Francisco and stayed at the Twin Peaks for 7 weeks. Since we had no jobs or an apartment it seemed to be a good choice. We rented one of the larger rooms in the far back for $325.00 per week. The room was clean and so were the community bathrooms in the hall which were cleaned, daily. There was an outdated TV with a few basic cable channels, the internet is not wireless, so be sure to bring a cat5/NIC cable. The signal is spotty at best and the connection is so horribly bad you are better off going to one of the cafes along Market street where there's free and fast wi/fi. If you are planning to stay there while looking for an apartment be sure you are paying always for two weeks in advance and keep doing that. If you are waiting to the last day they think you are checking out and will give your room to another guest. All in all not bad but not the Holiday Inn, either.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sfkjn73
Reviewed 12 June 2010

I had stayed at the hotel for 3 days trying to find a place to live. Not only were the people rude, but the place was dirt and filthy. I found a used condom under the bed from the last guest . I also realized I couldn't walk passed certain rooms without some guy wanking on his penis or gesturing for me to come in .

This hotel is very low budget , the TV are old , no cable it is a second hand place. I would even watch the beds since you can just smell that they have not updated this place since 1970 when they bought it .

The man and women are rude and unprofessional in every way . They have no idea how to run a business and have no interest in keeping their place up to date. They take advantage of people who can't find a place to stay during gay pride by increasing the rates.

In truth they shouldn't be allowed to run such a dirty place !

Would I recommend this it's not just no .. "ITS HELL NO "

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo