“Very Nice”
Review of Cesario's

Cesario's
Reserve with OpenTable
Cesario's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #305 of 5,925 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Cross street: Mason
Transit: 1 block from the Powell/Sutter Cable Car stop. #2 & #3 Muni Bus Stop.
Description: Since 1991 Cesario's has been serving fine Northern Italian food. Extensive global wine list. Close to theater district and Union Square.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We enjoyed this restaurant as it was right next to our hotel at the Marine Club. The staff had just the right degree of refinement. Some may call it snooty, but we were amused. Food was good, price was somewhat reasonable for San Fran....

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We visited w/another couple based on Cesario's proximity to our hotels, and are very glad we did. Although we had no reservations the restaurant quickly sat us, and the restaurant filled up quickly after that with both locals and tourists. I chose the veal w/risotto and have to say it was one of the best I have ever tasted. The veal was prepared differently than I am used to, a larger rounder juicy cut, but it worked beautifully and I would happily return for more! The risotto was drier than most restaurants, but I also found that I preferred it that way as well. My wife's dietary restrictions were met without resistance and our friends sharing their entree was no issue as well. As we walked by the restaurant daily we payed attention to patronage to find it full most nights and for good reason, great food!

1  Thank Panzerhund
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We went to this place last Thursday night and all I can say was it was terrible. I mean really really terrible. NONE of the pasta is fresh or home made (we asked and were told 'no we don't have the time to make pasta')

The food we did was was burnt and cold... Not sure how you really manage that, but hey.

We told the waitress we didn't really like the food (we also didn't finish it) and we paid the bill and reduced the tip accordingly.

We won't be going back and I would never recommend this place.

1  Thank nycmw
Reviewed 1 June 2014

this was a lovely little Italian just a few doors form our hotel. Food was great, portions huge, and staff very friendly. The garlic bread starter was delicious and filling.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The restaurant was empty and we were somewhat hesitant to try it. We were pleasantly surprised, however.
We both had the eggplant parmesan with pasta. The eggplants was cooked perfectly and the sauce was excellent. The portion was just right for both of us and, being the only people there, the waitstaff was quite attentive.
This lunch special was $13 per person which we consider reasonable for San Francisco.
The only surprise was that it was not crowded.