“Nothing special...a little disappointing”
Review of Ziryab - CLOSED

Ziryab
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fell Street
Transit: Bus # 24 runs north/south on Divisadero, Hayes 21 runs west/east on Hayes St, only one block away from Ziryab, also #71,6 runs west/east on Haight St, only three blocks away from Ziryab.
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Service was friendly however a little off considering the place was only at about 50% capacity. The food was very anonymous and a little bland, I had the Sumac chicken which was tasty but was served with fries instead of the advertised mash. The seven vegetable tagine was pretty much a bunch of steamed vege served with tomato sauce, pretty basic stuff for the price.

The most disappointing part was the 18% gratuity added to the bill. This was not pre-warned any where on the menu or restaurant. For basic service on a table of four this is very naughty. We will not dine here again.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

We started with Lebanese beer and finished with Moroccan mint tea. In between was delicious Middle Eastern food that fit our budget and our palates -- served by a delightful, if somewhat hurried, waitress. My teenage son had the chicken shawarma, my husband had the Jordanian lamb and I had the vegetable moussaka.

We were happy to have a table in the heated outdoor patio, but somewhat surprised to have someone's dog on the floor next to us. We seemed to be the only tourists in the restaurant, so we tried to blend in. This was a little harder to do as we lingered, and more and more same-sex couples arrived. We appreciated the authenticity of this neighborhood hangout, and would definitely go back for the food.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I've only eaten here three times despite living right around the corner and liking middle eastern food.

Each time the food has been above average in taste and below average in price always a good combination. The patio is a nice touch, though as a non smoker I'll probably never actually sit outside.

The service is adequate, the full bar a nice touch and nobody I've taken there has ever not enjoyed the experience.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Not pretentious. Good food. Outdoor area to view the street and smoke a hukkah.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 3 January 2008

I have been here twice and both times enjoyed my meal. The price is pretty good and the food is tasty. They also have hooka if you sit at one of the cozy outside tables with the heat lamps.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook