Ways to Experience Cliff House
from US$69.00
from US$145.00
from US$449.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2017

One of the finest views in the city. The edge of America. You can eat inside at one of two restaurants, with great views both. Downstairs you will find a antique penny arcade.You can play them, or just look. Fantastic for all, young old, rich n poor alike will love this piece of SF history. Make sure to find out about the history of the building

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Went to Cliff House one morning and had a glass of champagne and watched the surfers. This is a beautiful restaurant and stunning views. Old San Francisco for sure and should not be missed on a visit to San Francisco.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Started with almost an Undrinkable Bloody Mary accompanied by 6 warm, mushy oysters on the half shell.
This was followed by their "Famous fresh Crab Louis" where the crab was less than fresh and it tasted like the greens came out of a bag.
My advice is at most have a drink, enjoy the view and eat elsewhere.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 13 October 2017

The Cliff House is legendary for its beauty and food. My wife had been there many years before and wanted he son and husband to enjoy it as she has. We arrived early and slipped into the crowded lower bar that radiated holiday energy. Our white linen table was on the perimeter affording us a view of agitated waves crashing into the rocks below and a vista filtered by the evening fog. The service was professional and friendly and the food was superb. It is a special location that will not disappoint. Go to this one!!

Date of experience: November 2016
2  Thank swilliams889
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Every year my two cousins and I do a trip together. We chose San Francisco. We wanted to celebrate at a special place with a great view so we chose Sutros at The Cliff House. We were promptly seated at an area at the back of the restaurant and I asked the hostess if they had a table on the glass. She said there wasn’t one but in a few minutes returned to say a table on the glass had just opened up. We were thrilled to say the least and thanked the hostess several times . We had a lovely view and delicious food. I shared the steak with one of my cousins and it was more than enough to eat. We topped off the meal with Creme Brûlée and coffee. The Creme Brulee was as good as I have ever eaten. We were so pleased with our whole evening I highly recommend The Cliff House.

Date of experience: October 2017