“Excellent Hotel”

Orchard Garden Hotel
Ranked #23 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This hotel has everything: The friendliest, most helpful staff I've ever experienced at a hotel, exceptionally clean, beautiful rooms, and a fantastic location. Our room was on the 10th floor and featured a wonderful view of the city. Every day our room was serviced at least twice: As soon as we left in the morning, and again during the afternoon when the bedding was turned down and chocolates left on the nightstand. Every single day for a week the hotel staff was informative and amazingly friendly when they helped us with all our questions. Count yourself lucky if you're there when doorman Alfonso is working. He bends over backwards for all of his customers. Orchard Garden Hotel is an amazing place all the way around.

Room Tip: All the rooms are well apportioned and designed but the 9th floor rooms facing Bush street have priv...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 737stevenw
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thank you so much for the excellent review. I shared your feedback to the rest of the team and the owners after we spoke in the lobby, I will make sure your comment here is shared as well. I feel very fortunate to work with such a passionate team, dedicated to hospitality. I can honestly say all of us here from the back of the house to the front, we enjoy what we do and I feel it shows in the service we provide. As I mentioned before, Alfhonso is actually one of the newer members to our team and has quickly become an asset to our success. We would be delighted to have you stay with us again soon.
P.S. the holiday decorations are finished , they look great.

Happy Holidays

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel is clean, staff are friendly and helpful
Small but functional gym.
Restaurant is pricey and mostly not used by guests, though food seems good.
Could not have had a better location.
Chinatown next door, in factthe Gate is 50 yards away. Union square where Macey's and other shopping is, a few minutes away. Eating places by the bucket.
Easy to get to from the airport. 35 minutes by the BART system at $8.25 a single ride.
Free wifi in the hotel. 9/10. Weather fantastic!
Not really a bad thing to say about it

Tv i

1  Thank Jonathan M

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and spending the holidays with us. We are thrilled to read your stay was a pleasurable one. I could not agree more regarding the location. There really is so much to do from sightseeing to shopping and my favorite, eating. I am pleased to read you were able to take advantage of the public transportation. The BART train is very convenient and kind of adds to the excitement of a vacation. We look forward to your next visit to San Francisco.

Best

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We were staying at another hotel around the corner but the noise was unbearable. Found this on Trip Advisor & wasn't disappointed. Friendly, clean and good value. If we go back to SF this would be my first choice. The only downside was no restaurant at the hotel, although there are lots of places near you to choose, it might be a nice idea if perhaps the hotel gave you a list of their selections. Given the lovely hotel, I'd trust any recommendation they made. Book now, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: November 2013
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you so much for the stellar review, we truly appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to read that your San Francisco trip started off rocky but pleased to hear you were able to eventually find some quiet night rest. I also regret the restaurant was closed during your stay, the cuisine is quite tasteful, it is a shame you did not have an opportunity to indulge. At least you have a reason to visit us again. As you mentioned there are lots of restaurants of many different cuisines within walking distance. I am glad you got to try some of them. Thanks again for your kind words and we look forward to your next trip out.
All the best,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Great service, friendly staff, great location, beautifully decorated rooms. An oasis in this bustling city. Highly recommend for anyone. Right outside the gate to chinatown and a few blocks to union square

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you so much for the great review, we truly appreciate your kind words and compliments. It is surprising how calm and quite it can be inside the property when there is so much happening just outside the front door. All of us here look forward to your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel is right next to the Chinatown gate, near Union Square. It is a small boutique hotel that prides itself in its ecological architecture and practices. Rooms are small to medium sized, nicely appointed and very comfortable, and prices are competitive in this expensive city. Front-desk and front-door service are very friendly. The hotel has its own restaurant, though we did not eat there on this visit. The location is excellent, on Bush street right next to the Chinatown gate and a few blocks from Union Square and from Market Street. A great place to stay!

Room Tip: Standard king/double rooms are small but perfectly suitable. For more space, book a junior suite. R...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

We are thrilled to read you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for the kind words and commending us on our efforts as an eco-conscious hotel. From the building’s framework and construction practices, to guest room and public space lighting and décor, to housekeeping, the Orchard Garden Hotel boasts environmentally sustainable practices that are unmatched throughout the industry. I am fortunate to work with a hotel that cares for the environment. One of the many joys of working here is thinking of ways to improve our efforts and be even greener. We hope to see you again in the near future; perhaps we can tempt you into our restaurant with the Brioche French Toast.
Best,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel started off on an extremely positive note, arriving early for a business meeting my party was allowed to check in 5 hours early, the staff were very accommodating. The rooms are basic but reasonably priced, the only view from my room was of the adjoining office block. My stay was more eventful the following morning, arriving for breakfast, I was totally ignored by the waiter who busied himself doing nothing in an empty restaurant, when he did bother to serve me he was rude and abrupt. My breakfast arrived and he had got my order wrong, given his previous attitude I decided not to query the wrong food that he delivered. This is a reasonably priced hotel in the centre of the city, the majority of the staff are helpful, unfortunately the whole experience was ruined by one rude waiter!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. I am very sorry to read that your visit was less than satisfactory. Not only have we spoken to the server mentioned, but have reminded all the staff that rudeness is not tolerated. We expect our team to provide excellent service day and night, a service the team and I are confident of achieving. I regret that your breakfast, the most important meal of the day none the less, was below par. I hope this incident does not prevent you from choosing to stay with us again in the future. We would be most grateful for the opportunity to regain your trust and show you the type of service we are capable of.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

4 of us stayed at Orchard Garden because we had a training workshop up the street. What a great hotel! We all liked our rooms and will go back the next time we are in SF. The hotel and rooms were clean, comfortable, pretty, great staff. The doorman sent us to one of the best Chinese rest. I have been to in SF, R&G Lounge. All good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

We are happy to hear you and your colleagues chose to stay with us while attending your training workshop. I hope your visit included some play time and it wasn’t all work related. I am please to read our concierge pointed you in the direction of R&G Lounge, it is one of my favorites. The Salt and Pepper Crab, although a little messy, is scrumptious. Thank you for the very kind review, we hope to see you all again soon.