“FRIENDLY AND CLEAN”

GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“FRIENDLY AND CLEAN”
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

A nice hotel in a good location . Very clean and tidy , the staff are friendly and helpful . With in walking distance ( couple of blocks ) to Union square and next to the china town gates and the price was good also

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you for the very kind review. I am very pleased to read the hotel and location has met your criteria. I am very fortunate to work in a Hotel located in such a great part of an amazing city. To top it off, I could not ask for a better team to work with. Everyone here is enthusiastic towards hospitality and we strive to make all of our guests welcome and comfortable. We hope to see you again in future.
Best,
Front Off ice Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Hungarian first
Spencer, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This was a very pleasant hotel with friendly staff. Our room was very clean, quiet, and the bed was comfortable. The location was great, within walking distance to downtown and Union Square. Cable cars were only 2 blocks away. We also enjoyed the rooftop garden. A comfortable chair in the room would have been an improvement-only a desk chair was provided. Internet service was adequate, but slow.

Green Features: Caring for the environment is critically important in this day and age. The hotel should be commended for this and is setting a good example for other businesses.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeanne T
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, we truly value your feedback. I am happy you enjoyed the location as well as the rooftop terrace. I am always surprised how calm it is up there despite being so close to Downtown and Union Square.
I am sorry the wi-fi was slow; I realize how important a strong internet connection is when you’re traveling for business. We have recently added more routers; clearly we will have to reevaluate our setup. We also offer Ethernet cables so guests can plug in rather than rely on wi-fi.
Due to some of the rooms not having as much floor space as others, not all the rooms have additional seating. If you ever choose to stay with us again, and I hope you do, please feel free to contact me and I can do my best to make you get a room with a extra chair or a sofa.

All the best
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Couple from Australia in San Fran for 4 days. Never been to the USA before. Wanted something local, accessible and affordable. Certainly delivered. King room, super comfortable bed, Hassle free check in and friendly staff. Close to most attractions and most in walking distance. Very happy and would come back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matty9861
We thrilled you chose to stay with us, we are honored to have been part of your for your first USA experience. I hope you had enough time to see everything on the to-do list while you were here. I am pleased to read the Hotel property met your criteria. I think the location is amazing, because it is very central but still quiet enough for resting and power naps in between sightseeing excursions. We look forward to your second trip to San Francisco.
Cheers,
North Canton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 15 December 2013

A wonderful hotel...with warm and attentive staff. The rooms were exceptionally clean and modern....we couldn't have asked for a better experience or a better location. The Orchard is within walking distance to downtown San Francisco.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for spending time with us during your Thanksgiving getaway. All of us here strive to make every guests experience exceptional, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to sharing your review with the rest of the team. Hopefully we see you again soon.
Kind regards
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 December 2013

No negatives to report. I was in room 403 facing the back,no view, but quiet, which I had asked for. Everyone was pleasant. The bed was very comfortable. I appreciate the hotel is 'green' conscious. You could hear some muffled sound on occasion from adjoining room but not bothersome. It's a nice clean hotel, easy walk to Union Square and city transit. Will stay here again when I return next year to see my cousin.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nick M
Thank you so much for the very kind review and commending us on our efforts to be an eco-conscious Hotel. I am pleased to read that the comfort and quietness of our property met your standards. It sounds like you enjoyed San Francisco, it is nice to have a family member or friend to play tour guide to lead you to some of the less popular places but equally great destinations. We look forward to your next trip out for the small family reunion.
Best,
Stockton, California
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Made my reservation thru Hotels.com. Upon checking in, the clerk confirms the reservation was for one night. I told her that is was incorrect. She began to give me attitude and told me to take it up with Expedia (who owns Hotels.com) I provided her with the internet confirmation showing the correct dates. She was not persuaded to change. However, her manager or concierge (really don't know what he was) had heard the exchanges between the clerk and me and swiftly took over the checking in, corrected the dates on their computer and essentially fixed it. We got our room keys and off we went. From that moment on, the hotel staff (other than the check-in clerk) went far and above. We got great suggestions for restaurants. I had a problem with the safe in my room, within 5 minutes, the IT guy was there took care of it. I sleep late in the mornings so I placed the do not disturb sign on the door. About noon, housekeeping called and left a message to see If I needed or wanted service. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. It is on Powell and central to everything. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Stayed in #210 so it did not face Powell and the cable cars.
Green Features: The hotel is LEED certified ((Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certification for an existing building by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mdxmama
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Although I am very pleased to read that your stay concluded on a positive note, I am so sorry for the inconvenience during the introduction. I will use your feedback as training material to avoid similar occurrences in the future, and to ensure this scenario does not happen again. Fortunately it was remedied swiftly and you were able to enjoy your vacation. I am equally happy to read we were able to get pointed in the right direction to some good eats. One of the nicest factors of the location is all the delightful cuisines to choose from.
Please feel free to contact me the next time you visit San Francisco. I would be more than happy to personally take care of your future reservations to minimize any confusion.
Kind regards
415-659-0343
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 5 December 2013

It isn't fun to be away from home on Thanksgiving but if you must, this hotel will help you remember that there are many things to be grateful for: 1) Friendly folks 2) A clean environment 3) quite comfort 4) and a hot shower! I will be happy to return to this hotel ANY day of the year!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie S
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
This is such a kind review, thank you so much. You are correct; it is not fun to be away from home during the holidays, but I am pleased to read you found comfort here with us. Your list of criteria for a pleasant stay is spot on; thankfully we were able to provide the necessities of a comfortable stay. We are grateful for amazing guests such as yourself and you are welcome here any time of year.

Until then, Happy Holidays