“This is a winner--Clean and professional”

Orchard Garden Hotel
Ranked #22 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Over all the rooms and whole property were outstanding. Very clean, the cleanest I've seen. The only thing I was disappointed in was perhaps the room (2 dbl beds) could have been a tad bigger. Very quiet room on the 8th floor. Bathroom was outstanding in cleanliness, size and ease of use of shower and the sink faucet was the best I've seen anywhere. I noticed some fluctuating shower water pressure but relatively minor annoyance really. Counter size was excellent. Beds were outstanding as well... very comfortable... slept very well. Prices in the hotel cafe seemed a bit high, food was great, service could have been a bit faster, but overall not bad. Lobby staff was efficient and friendly, eager to answer our needs. Parking (through valet) was $40/day which seemed high for a hotel but I guess that's the going rate these days. I would easily come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 August 2009

We stayed at the Orchard Garden based on the reviews we read on TripAdvisor and they were right on! The location is within walking distance of pretty much anything. The staff was GREAT and very helpful with restaurant suggestions and anything else we needed. The bathrooms were a little small but that was my only "complaint" (if you want to call it that).

Reviewed 4 August 2009

I chose this hotel because I was in San Francisco for a surgery and I read that this hotel is very accomodating to people with disabilities. I wasn't sure how limited I would be after the surgery so I knew I needed a place that could handle any of my needs.

From the get go, the service at this hotel stood out. They offered to arrange a wheelchair for me and also offered to handle any arrangements that I needed. The staff are incredible! They are professional and extremely helpful!

The beds were very cozy and the room was clean and very nicely decorated. I enjoyed the energy conservation and think that more hotels should offer this. They also have evening turn down service which was nice. I can't say much about the view, it was a view of other buildings and the street but you know, the noise was non existant. I read a lot of reviews about noise being such a problem in many of area hotels. This was not a problem at all, I was never troubled by noise.

The only down side of the hotel is the honor bar in the rooms. It's a small broken refrigerator that has different types of very over priced drinks. Example, a can of soda is $4.00. Who wants to pay 4 bucks for a hot can of soda? There was a display in my room that was supposed to have snacks (over priced as well) but it was empty. When I brought it to the staffs attention, they advised me that they were in the middle of finding a new vendor to handle their honor bar service which was why they weren't working and items were missing. That's not a problem except that they don't even have vending machines! So if you want a drink, you either have to bring in your own or order from the restaurant. That was a bit of a drag for such a nice hotel. I think they need to just get rid of the honor bar completely and add some vending machines to this hotel. It's certainly not a service to a customer to charge them $4 for a hot can of coke.

Overall, I thought this was a very nice hotel!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2009

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights in July 2009. The room was excellent; very clean and spacious. It was just a floor down from the roof garden and was very quiet.
The staff were very helpful.
We did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food.
The one discrepancy on the bill (mini bar) was quickly sorted out.
Car parking at many of these hotels in SF is a problem(expensive) - but as we didn't have a car it didn't affect us.

Reviewed 31 July 2009

Loved this hotel. Staff was attentive and accomodating. Rooms were sparkling clean. Location was great. Beds were heaven. Don't hesitate to book it. Great value.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Although my stay was only one night, it was great! Located right next to the Chinatown gate, I couldn't have asked for a better location for my final night in San Fran. I loved the fact that it was a green business as well- not many hotels go to the lengths they do to be green. The bed was fabulous with extremely comfortable and fluffy bedding. The service was great- all questions and needs were taken care of. Wireless access in my room and a printer available downstairs in the business center were convenient. ~4 blocks from BART (montgomery st station). Very clean and well kept hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2009

If there was ever a little Hotel that was as good if not better than the larger luxury Hotels, this is it. I always have something nitpick about in every stay I've had in SF, but I have nothing but praise for this hotel. I will defiantly be recommending your hotel to anyone going to SF from now on. Thanks.