“Seafood lover's heaven”
Review of La Ciccia

La Ciccia
Reserve with OpenTable
La Ciccia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 5,800 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Noe Valley
Cross street: Church
Transit: MUNI: J Church Metro and Bus #24
Description: La Ciccia is a cozy and intimate restaurant located on the edge of Noe Valley. Husband and wife owners, Massimiliano Conti and Lorella Degan work together to take you to a culinary journey through the Italian island of Sardinia. The chef is committed to use the freshest and the most authentic ingredients from his native island, resulting in pungent, lively, flavorful food. The all Italian wine list,170 labels selection represent every Region with more than a quarter devote to Sardinia in order to pair the traditional earthy flavors as well seafood influence of Sardinia cuisine. La Ciccia is a tribute to Sardinia an experience not to be missed.
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Mar 13, 2014
We had a memorable dinner with my brother-and sister-law, who had never been here either. Though I made advance reservations about a month ago, the owner, Massimiliano Conti, could not find my reservation. Despite that, we were seated; we were so looking forward to dining here.
We had an array of starters, octopus stew, marinated calmari, and roasted sardines. All were divine. Our entree, squid ink pasta, was very different--the pasta was cut into short lengths that it almost resembled a blackened risotto. Their wine list is very extension. We ordered a $30 Tuscan melot-cab that was correct and full-bodied.
Their food seems authentic, from Sardinian origins, and totally worth it. Once you have found parking, you're enjoy the evening.

2  Thank alohatripper

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Came here during a visit from NY, thanks to Trip Advisor reviews. Excellent food. The owner himself took our order and advised us on selections and wine. Gracious and personal service; robust and unusual renderings of iconic Mediteranean food. The food is Sardinian, rather than "Italian."

1  Thank TravelingWithCharlie
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am thinking of a birthday gift for my wife and I feel that dining out in one of the best restaurants is a good idea. So I made a reservation to La Ciccia which was recommended to me by my friend. Together with my children and my wife we dine at this restaurant and we had an experience that we will never forget. The food was really great and the service, two thumbs up! I tried their Camberonisi Arrustiusu which is an oven roasted whole wild prawns garlic parsley pepperoncino. Their chef really cooks well. The staff were really warm, from greeter to the waiteress/waiters. All I can say is “Thank you and till next time.” I will bring my loved ones again here.

1  Thank 304Greg_T
Reviewed 7 March 2014

It's at La Ciccia and it's Sardinian, as is the co-owner and chef, Massimilliano Conti. His co-owner and wife, the vivacious Lorella Degan is from Padua and does everything else, including selecting their wonderful Italian wines. Everything's fresh, carefully seasoned and carefully prepared, lots of seafood, wonderful pastas, lovely attentive wait staff. What more could one want? But wait! There is more. They've just opened another restaurant a few doors down the street on Church, La Nebbia, which serves Italian supper items, small plates if you will. Tasty little plates of various Italian meats, cheeses, delicious pizzas, even lasagna! Great wines, too. It's the drop-in enjoy yourself destination for neighbors and out-of-towners. Both restaurants are accessible riding the "J" line on SF's erratic and undependable municipal railroad system, which runs all the way from the Embarcadero to La Ciccia's and La Nebbia's front doors. If you want the scenic route, take the surface "F" car along Market, then switch to the surface "J" at Church. And there are always taxis and the alternatives: SideCar, Lyft, Uber and RelayRides. Get to either restaurant any way you can when you visit San Francisco.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Though this restaurant has been around for more than 5 years, this was our first visit with friends. Not only is this Sardinian restaurant "authentic", both in the menu, but the preparation, and extensive wine list. You could say this is a "Mom and Pop" restaurant as the couple who own and run the restaurant are intimately involved with all aspects, from greeting, to serving, and food preparation. It's laid back in a good way, with the waiters relaxed enough to actually chat with you, and for the owners to pop out of the kitchen or from in front to ask how everything is. We really enjoyed the whole calamari, the pastas, and salads, as well as fresh fish. We look forward to returning for a night out soon.