“Average room but excellent location”

Royal Pacific Motor Inn
Ranked #143 of 231 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Located in Chinatown and it's walking distance to Macy's and the pier. If you are a runner, it's perfect because and only 3 minutes walk to the pier, and alone the pier you can have the best run.
It's very close to the Italian street where you can find wonderful bakeries.
The air-conditioning/heating is very very loud, almost impossible to sleep with it on.
Parking is free and this makes a whole lot difference staying in downtown SF.

Room Tip: Do not choose the rooms facing the main street, it's just too noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We checked in this Inn for a weekend stay. We are very satisfied. I was worry at the beginning but after we stayed for a night, I was happy to say I was worry free. This is in the center of Chinatown, which is a prime location of San Francisco. It’s very easy to access to banks, restaurants, Walgreens. Furniture are not new, there is no flat screen TV. But we were outside most of the time so it’s ok. We can walk from here to Fisherman Wharf (around 30 mins). The bonus is, parking is free. So we saved $$ for parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here for three nights. Room, was very comfortable, good shower. Staff where very helpful. Pastries where available if required. Location was very good in the middle of Chinatown, with easy access to everywhere. Bonus is free car park

Room Tip: Over front car park, you hear the traffic
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Drumgarron
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was scared to book this hotel because the price was so cheap and I was travelling to San Fran for the first time and was on my own and female. But I read all the positive reviews and the guy (Lee) I spoke to at front desk on the phone came across as very honest an trustworthy, so I booked. Well I was in an amazingly comfortable, clean and incredibly spacious room but I am not sure all rooms are like this one. The place looked like alcatraz until I opened the door. It resembled a five star hotel room. And the bed was incredibly comfortable. I was so impressed and to get what I got for the price - just amazing. Great location, not noisy at all (my room faced the courtyard) and contrary to other reports on here, there were glass louvre slats I could open in a secure way for fresh air ventilation. Will definitely stay here again when I return to San Francisco. Only criticism I have (so minor) is that I think they should provide paper/cardboard cups for coffee in the room instead of foam ones that are toxic.

Room Tip: I was in 503…I think. Looked towards courtyard. It was a corner suite
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank wishingwell_fc
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with some friends on a trip to San Francisco. We normally stay at another hotel a mile away in a quieter area, but that hotel has drastically increased its prices, so we found the Royal Pacific. We paid $127/night, had free parking, free wifi, and it's within walking distance to everything we needed. The hotel is in Chinatown, a busy area with lots of stripper clubs, markets, bars, and restaurants. For such a busy area, it was surprisingly quiet at night even though we had a room facing the street. Lots of noise early mornings with I assume delivery trucks to the markets, but overall not bad. On the 4th floor there were good views. Although the area seemed a little sketchy, it was safe and very convenient.
The hotel is old, rooms could use updating, but it was comfortable and basic and a good price for the city. I would definitely stay here again for the convenience, price, and location of the hotel and the area in general.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jackieca
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights whilst visiting San Francisco.

The outside of the hotel and reception area is definately in need of refurbishment and we were concerned when we arrived. However once in our room it was a different story.
The room looked to have been recently refurbished and was clean, comfortable and quite modern. The shower was very good and the bed large and comfortable.

We were at the front of the hotel and didn´t notice a high level of noise. The location is great for exploring the city though perhaps not the nicest of areas after dark. The free parking was a real bonus.

So overall a good location, affordable, clean rooms and free parking make this a good choice. But certainly not luxurious or anything special, though that is reflected in the price!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve-Spain
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

So when it come to hotels and vacations I like to spoil myself since I don't get to take a vacation very often. So when I was looking around for a place to stay in San Francisco I couldn't believe how expensive hotels were and a lot of them just didn't fit my budget. So I did some more research and I found this place. Was a little unsure about it but after reading the other reviews I decided I would take a chance.

This place was perfect. Location was good. Rooms were small but CLEAN! Parking is FREE. So I would totally stay here again and I will recommend it to anyone who is visiting.

So the only negative things I have to say is the TV was old and very grainy, but I didn't go to San Fran to watch TV so it wasn't a big deal. Also you can hear the street traffic pretty well but it's to be expected in any city.

Like I said I would totally stay here again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple