“Location makes this a winner”

Royal Pacific Motor Inn
Ranked #144 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Location makes this a winner”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and after we got over the shock of the go-go bars around the corner, Royal Pacific turned out to be a good deal. It is a motel so don't expect much in terms of furnishings and amenities but it has free WiFi with great signal and free secure parking which is a huge plus and the price is very economical. It is clean with reasonably comfortable beds. The front desk has been very pleasant and extremely helpful. The central location in Chinatown is a definite plus within short walking distance to Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, and other points of interest. Being in the heart of Chinatown was charming with interesting sights and sounds and delicious fresh fruits and vegetables. It is a bit noisy so bring earplugs for a good nights sleep. And as for the go-go bars, although it was a shock to be across the street, there was no rowdy or unpleasant events and it didn't matter much. I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LetUsGoTraveling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Eureka, California
Reviewed 1 June 2014

So let's get this straight: this is a MOTEL. If you are looking for ample amenities, you shouldn't consider this place. We were given a handicapped accessible room (gosh, I guess my husband and I looked old and tired!) and we had absolutely zero counter space in the bathroom. Fortunately, there was a small table in the room so I had to do anything water/faucet related in the bathroom then did everything else in the bedroom. The room was clean although a little run down. Having said all that, the staff were nice and it was a great location. We were right at the edge of Chinatown and North Beach and within walking distance from all the places we wanted to visit. I don't know if we will come back. It would depend on what our priority will be: location or amenities; can't have both on a budget.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Flen2014
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at this motel in March for a couple nights while visiting San Francisco. The motel in an older building with its rooms and furnishing showing the wear and tear. Not much to recommend there. However, if you want to stay in the heart of the city, within waking distance to downtown and Chinatown, the location is excellent. It is located on Broadway right the the edge of Chinatown, among the bursting sounds of people and vehicle traffic. We walked to most of where we wanted to go in the downtown area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bread69
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

At first I thought I was checking into a Bates Motel. You check in but cant check out!!
I was wrong, its pretty safe and not only that its pretty close to the fisherman's wharf
and other places. The beds are comfortable and clean I like that they had a little table with 2 chairs.
Checking in is pretty fast and its free parking. The people in front desk are very helpful and that's one thing that I really like. thank you very much

Room Tip: we stayed in the third floor and its very quiet not facing the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Westie313
Falls Church
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is my second time staying here, one night only. Like before, this is a great location for an average room. There are no frills or thrills, it had what I needed to be comfortable for the night. I knew I would be able to get breakfast at 6 am by only walking to the next building over or across the street. My only qualm was the room I stayed in. The light switch by the door controlled the tv instead of a lamp. An annoyance, but got over it. Also, the volume of the street traffic was quite loud for the location of the room. Nonetheless, I would consider staying again when in town.

Room Tip: The room was in the middle of the building. When you walked out the door into the hallway, the back...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Beijing
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Located in Chinatown and it's walking distance to Macy's and the pier. If you are a runner, it's perfect because and only 3 minutes walk to the pier, and alone the pier you can have the best run.
It's very close to the Italian street where you can find wonderful bakeries.
The air-conditioning/heating is very very loud, almost impossible to sleep with it on.
Parking is free and this makes a whole lot difference staying in downtown SF.

Room Tip: Do not choose the rooms facing the main street, it's just too noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We checked in this Inn for a weekend stay. We are very satisfied. I was worry at the beginning but after we stayed for a night, I was happy to say I was worry free. This is in the center of Chinatown, which is a prime location of San Francisco. It’s very easy to access to banks, restaurants, Walgreens. Furniture are not new, there is no flat screen TV. But we were outside most of the time so it’s ok. We can walk from here to Fisherman Wharf (around 30 mins). The bonus is, parking is free. So we saved $$ for parking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends