“The Parsonage significantly added to the joy of being in San Francisco” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 71 San Francisco B&B and Inns
south dakota
“The Parsonage significantly added to the joy of being in San Francisco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

This is a lovely low-key bed and breakfast, with great charm, quiet and comfort. Our hosts, John and Joan, could not have done anything more to make us feel welcome. From the delicious breakfasts to brandy and port night-caps, from the Victorian elegance of the rooms (with modern up-to-date bathrooms) to the gentle humor and helpfulness of our hosts, this b&b was one of the best my wife Carla and I have ever encountered. We look forward to returning to the Parsonage in years to come. Peter L. ll

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank champollion9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

My wife and I recently celebrated our 20th Anniversary in San Francisco, and feel we were fortunate to have found the Parsonage.

We were warmly welcomed and enjoyed all aspects of our stay.

A happy coincidence was discovering that the owners of the Parsonage share our anniversary date! (Though they have a "few" more years of experience!)

Our thanks to Janet, Joan and John for a wonderful stay.

Paul & Charlene

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2009

I loved my stay at The Parsonage. I was there for 5 nights and slept better there than I do at home. The luxurious mattresses and plush comforters are wonderful. On top of being an elegant historical home in an accessible but quiet central location, hosts Joan and John are gracious and down-to-earth people, as well as true cosmopolites who'll steer you to anything in San Francisco you might have overlooked. Just one example of the wonderful breakfasts served in the graceful dining room: French roast coffee, juice, sourdough waffles with fresh strawberry topping and rashers of crispy bacon -- along with a New York Times. The rooms are elegantly furnished and there are extra special touches like huge soft towels and towel warmers. My stay was in the beautiful "Tetrazzini" room, with bay windows overlooking the trolleys. And I have to also mention Pilar, the friendly Portuguese Water Dog, who is a perfect temporary companion.

Needless to say, The Parsonage rates 5 stars from me; I can't wait to visit San Francisco and ask for "my old room back".

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2009

I have been using the The Parsonage as my base of operations on almost yearly visits (twice a year when I am lucky!) to S.F. for well over 15 years. The accommodations are always stellar and the Innkeepers, John and Joan, gracious. Their love and knowledge of the city and the great care they have taken to provide a B&B experience that is always comfortable and welcoming are always on display. The Parsonage is centrally located and exudes the charm, allure and history of this great American city. I can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
san fran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2009

The Parsonage was recommended by a friend, and what a suggestion, indeed! My parents recently come to town for a visit and had the pleasure of staying at this amazing B&B. They were warming welcomed by owners Joan, John, and loving Pilar, their sweet pooch. I was so relieved that the accommodations were more than satisfying for them. Bonus points for me! They were upgraded to an incredible room with a newly renovated bathroom, claw foot tub and all. Crispy bacon, perfectly poached eggs, and freshly baked Tartine bread, won me over, as I was graciously invited to join my parents for breakfasts. I had no idea that I was passing such a "gem" on my daily bus ride downtown. Now as I turn the corner on Laguna & Haight, and see the birdcage tucked in the kitchen window of the Parsonage, I am reminiscent of my parents visits. I look forward to their return to San Fran, and their stay at the Parsonage!

Stayed April 2009
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

We just returned from visiting our daughter in S.F. and stayed at the most incredible home of Joan and John. They made us feel like part of the family and even were gracious enough to invite our daughter to join us at their home for breakfast. They truly made us feel like part of the family. The house and their art and furniture collection are museum quality and the bed was fabulous after long days "on the town"! We can't wait to return to SF and the Parsonage. There is no place else we would consider staying!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Salisbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2009

The Parsonage is a beautifully renovated late 19th century B&B located in the lower Haight district in San Francisco. The beds (especially the mattress) was extremely comfortable (a famous local design). The location is just off the beaten path so is quiet but accessible to any place you want to go and very easy to get to from SFO. Very good but not ostentatious views of the city. The atmosphere is very warm and cozy and the innkeeper Janet extremely pleasant and helpful. She was always willing to help out and bring one a cup of tea. The breakfasts were home designed and cooked: simple, delicious and light. And for late night there is a glass of Port or brandy in the living room. The other visitors were interesting to talk to--which makes breakfast a gathering rather than the typical sullen hush where one dares not speak above a whisper. We highly recommend the Parsonage-- particularly to any couple wanting a quiet romantic get-away. You'll be greeted by the owners' friendly Portuguese water dog, Pilar.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple