“Wonderful Arabian fusion dinner”
Review of Saha - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hyde & Larkin
Transit: #2,3,4
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful birthday dinner with my wifeat this unique and excellent restaurant.
The small plates were delicious, especially the scallops in phylo. My wife loved the lobster knaffe.
We both had the duck breast which came in a wonderful sauce with sweet potato puree and pears.
Complimentary chocolate dessert topped the meal off. met the owner who stopped by the table.
Will definitely be back.

1  Thank msskyler

Reviewed 27 February 2014

After reading great reviews, My wife and I decided to have our dinner in the restaurant. We had an open table reservation. The restaurant was in a walkable distance from our hotel in union square. Even though the restaurant was not in a very comfortable area, We did not mind the little walk to the restaurant...

The staff greeted us politely, honored our reservation and seated us immediately...

We were offered complimentary in house bread and a complementing sauce. It was very delicious. The menu had lot of vegetarian options and we chose the vegetarian dishes.

We ordered Fried okra and Veggie tagine. The portions were good for both of us. It was worth the meal...

Please note that this is a small restaurant and It would be little noisy when it gets crowded.

3  Thank karthik313
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Saha is my favorite restaurant in San Francisco! Everything my husband and I have tried has been absolutely delicious. The flavors and spices are blended perfectly to complement Middle Eastern dishes. The restaurant is small and inviting,tucked into the Carlton hotel, an escape from the crowds and stress. It's such a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere--you almost feel like you are a guest in someone's home. At Saha, it's not just another meal, but a memorable experience, from the creative appetizers to the fabulous desserts!

2  Thank Sabuzeide
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Excellent food, varied menu, locally sourced mostly organic. Many vegetarian selections. Helpful waitstaff.

1  Thank AryJo831
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Saha is at the top of my list of go-to restaurants in the Bay Area. I had one of the most delicious meals I've ever had there!

My wife and I went to Saha in October. The bus ride and walk to the restaurant were a little sketchy (not in the best neighborhood), but it's well worth the meal. We had to wait a few minutes but were seated and taken care of by a wonderful waiter. He was very attentive to us (and my wife's vegan and gluten-free diet) and helped us choose the best dishes. We definitely splurged and ordered more than we needed: a few small plates and a few large plates. The hummus and pita (even the gluten-free pita) is out of this world! The roasted cauliflower and falafel were so good, and our main dishes were very tasty. I would've loved to have had some dessert but we just didn't have enough room.

Though we had all vegetarian dishes, there were plenty of meat options as well, which is why we will definitely be coming back here when we have visitors in town!

2  Thank Ezra B