“Cool comfort!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel G San Francisco
Ranked #55 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Unique and modern with great sense of design and just enough comfort for a great price. We booked through booking.com and got a great rate for 2 nights in the heart of downtown San Fran. It was n Union Sq. shopping district and the trolley stopped right there on the corner. The hotel was very modern with one of a kind decor, not for those expecting the carpet and generic decor of regular mainstream hotels. King bed was extremely comfortable and staff was incredibly nice and accommodating and even gave recommendations for off the beaten path places to eat that were not full of all tourists. Be prepared to pay $40.00 a night for parking if you have a car but well worth it if you are traveling outside the city. The room was spacious and had a fridge and a great little coffee maker and made us feel very relaxed when we came in from the city. I would totally recommend this hotel and we will stay here again .

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Hotel G in San Francisco was the best stay I've ever had in the heart of the city. I was greated with fresh bread and a RedBull energy drink at check-in to put a little pep in my step. When I reached my room, the business of the city melted away. It was such a peaceful home base to explore the city from.

The pristine rooms featured soft color palettes, open space, amazing concrete flooring, heavenly beds and a selection of locally made snacks. I even had my own Nespresso Coffee maker!

It's literally a 1 minute walk from Union Square where you can shop 'til you drop, eat 'til you pop, jump on a bus tour or cable car, rent a bike and head to Golden Gate Park, or just sip a latte and watch the world go by.

Every detail, from the earthy/ modern succulent garden lobby, to the "creativity explored" featured art, to the adorable California shaped accent pillow on my bed.....

... Hotel G was an absolute treat. Definitely a bucket list must for any fun loving SF adventurers!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Stefanie S
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed one night for a business trip. A great location, great price (soft opening special) and lovely decor. The room was comfortable and clean. Unfortunately I'm a light sleeper. Bring ear plugs. It was not the traffic from busy Geary Street as I expected that kept me awake but rather the hallway noises. Every elevator ding, every door close, every step of another guest could be heard. At first I thought it was just a thin door, until 11:30pm when a neighboring guest arrived. It was almost as if they were entering my room the noise was so clear and loud. I even heard them ruffling through the welcome/SF guide booklets and papers on the desk. It's a beautiful hotel just not a good fit for light sleepers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kristin G
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in May 2014, right after they opened.

As a solo traveler, my priority was to find somewhere with a safe location. Hotel G has a fantastic central location, only 3 blocks from the Powell St Bart station, and very safe. Near a ton of shops, with a large pharmacy/convenience store less than 5 minutes walk away. It's quiet at night too. A pleasant 15-20 minute walk to Chinatown, or North Beach for some good Italian, and a short BART ride away to the Mission.

The rooms were large and well furnished in a pretty cool industrial-chic kind of way, bed and pillows were really comfortable, large screen TV, free espresso machine in room, 2 bottles of water provided per night. The bathroom is a little small but the room itself is large compared to most of the hotel rooms I've stayed in, with a couch and a "living" area. The room does look like the pictures on the hotel website.

The hotel staff were lovely, friendly and eager to help. There was usually a smiling staff member standing by the entrance who offered help and directions (especially routes to get around those hills), and even restaurant suggestions on your way out, and I found this outstanding. They even printed out bus routes for me at the front desk.

Because they had just opened, there were a couple of teething problems. After my first day out in SF, I returned to find my bottles of water replaced, but bed unmade, the towels which I had left on the floor to be replaced still in the same place, and bins not emptied. I'm not sure if this was because I had not explicitly put out the "please make up room" sign, but I put it out for the rest of my trip and the rooms were very beautifully made up afterward. I think it was probably a one off thing. The free wifi is also only for one device per room. If your room is right outside the elevator as mine was, you could hear every time the elevator door opened and everything else going on in the hallways, but it happened quite infrequently and didn't affect my sleep or my stay very much.

Overall a good stay for the great location and cool rooms, and I'd say this is a hotel with a lot of potential.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mannylam
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room set up makes it easy to hang out and enjoy the space. The beds are really comfortable! The staff was friendly and went out of their way to help us choose a place to eat nearby. Great location and surprisingly quiet at night for a good nights sleep. Parking garage right around the corner to just leave the car for the night and walk everywhere, or you can valet for a little more. I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Higher floors keep street noise to a minimum.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EKing19
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here in May 2014 as a solo traveller on business. Wonderful friendly staff who were only too happy to help me with any question I had. Room was very nicely decorated (I had a king room on the 8th floor) and cleaned well everyday. Great location right by Union square.

Room Tip: Better views the higher you go!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachel A
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is fantastic! The service was outstanding, the manager Iain, made our engagement trip everything I wanted it to be! He worked with me to really set up many of the small details I had wanted for such a special trip! The room is bright and functional, the bluetooth radios in the room allowed us to set our own vibe by being able to hook up our laptops and music. I enjoyed the minimalist and functional elements of the room and design very much. The GAWDY look of so many other hotels is such a turn off! AND THE BED! So comfortable!!! We loved the view from the 11th floor, really great! The View from our room shot all the way down Geary, you could see Sutro Tower, Union Square, the Bay Bridge, as far as DogPatch. I mean, come one, where else can you get something like that!?!?
Plus, if you're a beer geek, you'll be happy to know that Mikkeller Bar SF is right down the street! Union Square is right there, but thankfully, you're not stuck right in the middle of it! For a frequent visitor like me, its just a short walk from the BART station, meaning no fumbling with crazy city driving! The walk up to Chinatown and North Beach is a breeze, and especially, for hitting up so many of our favorite "local's only" destinations. This hotel is really wonderful. The staff there especially the manager, Iain, went so far out of their way that as many times and hotels as I have been in in SF, this was by far the best. Thank You Hotel G!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, as high up as possible, you will not be disappointing!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple