Hotel G San Francisco
US$195
US$155
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$432
US$215
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$267
US$220
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$214
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$421
US$209
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$454
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
1,151 results
All reviewsnespresso machineunion squaregreat locationboutique hotelhardwood floorsblackout shadesgeary streetcool hotelstreet noisecentral locationcomfortable bedlight sleeperwould definitely stay here againking roombart stationmoscone centervalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Hotel G is a new hotel at Geary and Mason; very close to public transportation, shopping, theaters and numerous restaurants. It's a very easy walk from the Powell St BART station and there's a bus stop right across the street from the hotel. My husband and I stayed here for one night for the Paul McCartney concert at Candlestick Park and we could not have been happier with our room - the bed was wonderful! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We also ran into Carolina Perdomo, the Human Resources Manager, when we were "snooping" on the 12th floor and she could not have been nicer in showing us around and telling us about the history of the building. They are working on a restaurant and gym for the hotel but not to worry - there are tons of restaurants around this area. Hotel G is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better - ours was on the 7th floor and great.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

First of all, I wish the best of luck for the hotel's official opening - nice hotel, very comfy room, friendly staff and cleaning staff, and great location. The hotel reminds me of W Hotel with cutie references to floors, dryer, etc., but this one does not belong to any hotel chains, I believe. Over all, we really liked the hotel, and the room was one of the most comfortable one.

Now here are some cons:
1) Even before using the shower, I noticed that the drain was extremely slow. It was not very nice to take a shower in the pool of water
2) the shower pressure was weak as I could not change the water from faucet to shower completely. 50% of water was not coming up to the shower.
3) no water in the faucet at the basin although the hot water side was working.

It was late at night, so I told the front staff these problems in the morning. By the time we came back in the afternoon, I was skeptical, but all was fixed!

4) The wall is paper thin. I mean, paper-thin. You can hear everything. If a neighbor gets an email, you hear that tone. We got new neighbors one afternoon, and I believe they had no idea how thin the wall was. It was completely embarrassing when we started to hear screams. We could not help bursting into laughter (sorry!) So remember that the wall is paper thin!
5) They had the radio clock, Tivoli, but I could not find the USB port to charge our iPhone and iPod. OK, I am not a hipster I guess. And the three electric outlets were all used. So we had to turn off one table lamp to use the outlet for iPod, and the iPhone was plugged away from the bed - inconvenient. So where was an USB on the clock radio????
6) I am a serious recycler. In the room, there was one garbage bin in the bathroom, and there was one bin with the recycle mark on in the bedroom. I had this dilemma - should I throw away things in the bathroom as the bin in the room had the recycle mark on? I left a note to the wonderful clearing people to alert them that there were recyclables in the bin in the room.

Now PROS:
1) the hotel room was very comfortable. One of the best as far as the comfort is concerned. The beddings, pillows, and a bathrobe were all great. Also the towels were fluffy and soft. When you think about it, many hotel towels are not soft! I loved the thick yet light weight bathrobe.
2) Loved the Nespresso machine in the room. Easy to use and make a great cup of espresso although it was very noisy.
3) You cannot beat the location! Many great restaurants around.
4) Our room was not facing the streets, so we did not have any problem with the noises (well, except from the neighbor.)
5) Free wifi was great even though we had to log in everyday.
6) Some reviewers did not seem to like the hardwood floor, but I loved it! Very comfortable to bare feet!

So over all, we are happy with the hotel. Very dean and very comfortable with great amenities. I do not think this hotel is suitable for a family with young kids though.

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet room, ask for a room on a higher floor away from the elevator, and not facing the streets. It was very quiet in our room although the view we had was the building.
1  Thank Cattledogs
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I recently stayed for a week at the Hotel G. The staff was very friendly and super helpful. The rooms were modern and unique. They we're clean and crisp.
The location to Union Square made for a terrific visit to the city. I would recommend this hotel to anyone interested in a unique hotel experience. Again, staff was great.

1  Thank Mcream99
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Booked here for a 3 night stay on our west coast road trip. Extremely satisfied with rooms, especially the finishing touches from the fresh decor to the superb beds. We were aware of refurbishment being carried out prior to arriving but this did not impend on our stay. We loved decor and it's character. This hotel is a stones throw from Union Square, would love to return once the refurb is complete. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We made an unexpected visit to San Francisco from Aug. 2-8th, due to a family emergency. We chose Hotel G because of the price and location. Comparable hotels in the area are 30% more. While it's true there are renovations going on, we were not disturbed. The quality was uncompromised. We spent 7 nights in the city.The thing that impressed me the most was the genuine friendliness of the staff. We were often greeted by two staff members as we returned from our outings. The front desk staff provided some provisions we had forgotten, with no questions asked. The rooms are quintessential S.F., with some old touches and some more modern touches. The bed was super comfortable and our room was spacious. We enjoyed the many restaurants located within a 5 min. walk and the proximity to Union Square is fabulous. Don't be swayed by the renovations going on. This hotel still out ranks it's nearby competitors. And, all of this within 25 minutes of the SFO airport. We'll be back!