“Nice spot in downtown SFO”

The Park Central San Francisco
Ranked #69 of 231 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Convenient location just off Market on Third. Rooms are small but very comfortable. Bathrooms are a bit too small - careful not to trip over the toilet as you step into the shower. Great beds - great pillow as always. Nice service. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
SimoneSF, Manager at The Park Central San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Karinie,
Thank you for your visit and your nice review. It makes us happy to make you happy! Please come back to see us soon. Be Well, Simone

Write a ReviewReviews (3,737)

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My friends and I were visiting the city for the weekend for another friend's wedding. It was my first time staying in downtown San Francisco and it was actually my friend who picked this hotel. We had to find our way after taking the BART. That was probably the only time I felt like such a silly tourist, I was completely disoriented with the whole city scene just for a bit. We finally found the hotel and I was very impressed. I loved the modern decor inside, and the concierge and staff were nothing but helpful. We had a room on the 9th floor and it had a great few of the Yerba Buena Gardens. The bed was oh so comfortable, and that is one of the things I always look for when I stay in a hotel. I must be able to sleep well and this one did not disappoint.

The location is within easy walking distance of Union Square and many shopping places and restaurants, as well as public transportation stops. I wanted to try the restaurant in the hotel (Maso) but I just did not have enough time with all the wedding festivities we had to do. I was able to try the gym out once. The gym was empty when my friend and I used it, and I like how they have quite a number of cardio machines. I've been to some large scale hotels where I see one treadmill, one elliptical and/or one stationary bike. The treadmills were all fancy for me, compared to what I see at a regular 24 hour fitness. And I definitely made use of the chilled towels they provide for after your workouts as well. I also liked how they had a whole basket of headphones for those who forget theirs. Altogether I enjoyed my stay and I would come back and stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kimberly C

Dear Kimberly C,
Thank you for staying with us and your very positive review. I was delighted to read that you were impressed with our breathtaking views, amazing location and newly renovated Westin Workout. Please come and see us again soon. Be Well, Simone

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I loved this Hotel, great place to stay, with a garage next sheapper than the Hotel garage, that's really expensive. Close to a good stores. Very beautiful, clean and rebuild hotel. It was a wonderful trip. Wonderful days at this Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to stay at new rooms, they are bigger and very new ones.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We consistently stay at Westin Hotels because we know we will have great service, but the personnel here are some of the best we have encountered. We had an issue with one of the independent town car drivers (not a Westin employee) and reported it to management, and were very pleased with how management handled the situation.

The breakfast buffet is outstanding as well!

The next time we're in San Francisco, this is the hotel we'll stay at!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel (attending conference at the nearby Marriott). The Westin was fantastic. Great location - closeby to major retail shopping. Walking distance to the Westfield Mall, and all shops. Also walking distance to the Cable car turnaround, - you can get the Muni passes for public transport from nearby information centre $28 for 7 days, also have 1 and 3 day passes. The Embarcadero is also not far and you could walk or take the tram.
Hotel was a sanctuary from the busy area, with great staff, they also have an in house taxi/limousine service which was good, a bit more expensive than a taxi but worth it. The hotel Restaurant - Maso was wonderful with great bar and good food. Behind and next to the hotel is a large courtyard area which was nice and the Jewish museum and cafe which serves great lunches.
I would recommend this hotel and stay here again if in this area of town

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the square on the quiet side of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
SimoneSF, Manager at The Park Central San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Barbara,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a true pleasure being of service to you and we do hope to welcome you back soon. Be Well, Simone

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had a lovely time in San Fran, the hotel was very clean and nicely run...all smiles and friendly greetings from the doorman, concierge, front desk, housekeeping and service express. We needed just a handful of things and they were tended to quickly. The restaurant and lounge were nicely decorated and food/drinks were great!
HEAVENLY BED really is. I never slept better.

Do the GoCar down Lombard or a Segway around Golden Gate Park - BEST fun ever! We did Alcatraz, Muir Woods, Sonoma wine tour, Beach Blanket Babylon, hot fudge sundae at Ghiradelli (bad girl!), rode the cable cars and walked miles up and down the STEEP hills! A little shopping and waterfront meals topped our vacay and getting to/from SFO was a piece of cake sine the hotel is in a great spot...also good for shopping and cable cars were easy to get to

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear SGB321,
Thank you for the amazing rating and review. Our staff was so excited to see this public expression of satisfaction, which they work so hard for. They even suggest we offer you a job in our marketing department as your review was picture perfect. Thanks again for taking time. Please come back soon. Be Well, Simone

Reviewed 5 November 2013

As SPG member i did get a preferred room which I believe have all been refurbished. Really comfortable and excellent location for all my business trips in SFO. The great floor to ceiling windows gave me great views across San Francisco too. Nice onsite restaurant and bar all very friendly clean and efficient.

Try and get a higher floor if you can I was on 18. Three drawbacks - 1/. the preferred check in desk was non existent and check in was really slow and 2/.The Hotel is actually not on Market Street but on 3rd Street between Market and Mission - My taxi driver dropped me off a block from the hotel. and 3/. There is no lunch room service which was a pain when working from my room

Room Tip: Join SPG it def helps getting better rooms on higher rooms with great views
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SimoneSF, Manager at The Park Central San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Nyxtian,
Thank you for choosing the Westin Market Street and sharing your very positive experience via Social Media. I appreciate your feedback and we will review the items you pointed out to see where we can make positive changes. Please come and see us again soon. Be Well, Simone