The Park Central San Francisco
MysticHotel.com
US$273
US$222
  • Pool
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$235
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$265
US$242
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$262
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$534
US$207
Westin.com
  • Room Service
3,775 results
All reviewswestin market streetfront deskgreat locationunion squarefloor to ceiling windowsheavenly bedyerba buena gardensmoscone centercorner roomhigher floorbusiness hotelbusiness tripupon checkgreat roomvalet parkingan upgradebart station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This review gets only two stars because for the four nights I stayed at this hotel, I had internet service (wifi and wired) for about a total of two hours. This was a business trip, so lack of internet was completely unacceptable. They were "working on it." For days. They said it was a Starwood problem, but my understanding is that the Westin St. Francis was up. At least the Starbucks across the street had wifi. Note that the Starbucks closes at 9:00 p.m., so you'd best finish your work before then. As it happened, I had a great deal of work for which I needed internet access and I ended up scrambling for access at colleagues' hotels.

The room was really small and overlooked a parking garage. This was not a big deal since I was there on business and was too busy. The King bed was wonderful- among the most comfortable ever.

The bathroom was tiny, tiny, with a 1950s tub fitted with a modern rain shower fixture- which was nice. However, there were no towel racks - just a couple of shelves underneath the sink, which was outside of the bathroom. So, no place really to put a wet towel, which is not eco-friendly if one wants to reuse the towel. What hotel doesn't have a towel rack, or a hook, or someplace to hang a towel? Even a Motel 6 has a towel rack. I had to ask for a shower cap - it wasn't included with the toiletries. Soaps were not replaced each day as they are in better hotels. (Not that I care about that either - just an observation.) The housekeeper always had a nice big hello for me.

Overall, I realize that the week I was there was a premium, but shame on them for charging $499 a night (which was a deal) for at best a three star hotel. If I had a choice, I would not stay here again on business. I might consider it if the price were right and I was just passing through since the bed was so great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank KSG9
SimoneSF, Manager at The Park Central San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear KSG9,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the failure of our wireless internet during the J.P. Morgan conference. We had a critical piece of hardware fail, which caused the delay in getting the system back up. I know that our staff tried very hard ton overcome this incredible inconvenience and I'm sorry if they did not succeed in your situation. I appreciate the feedback regarding our guestrooms and I will work on making positive changes. I was delighted to read that our heavenly bed was as comfortable as it's known to be. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can ever be of further assistance. You can reach me at sharms@westinsf.com. Be Well, Simone

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Yuk.... Part of this is my fault because I didn't realize they were to Westin's in San Francisco. Meant to book the St Francis. Anyway, Let's start with the $48 valet parking. Then trying to stick us in a room overlooking the air conditioning unit across from a parking garage. Paint coming off the door in the bathroom the side of the counter in the wall didn't meet.... Complained and got moved to a higher floor... For preferred Starwood.. Room no improvement. Go to the St Francis Westin.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Melissa S

Dear RocklinCAMelissa,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I'm so sorry that you did not like our more moderns style, updated guestrooms and incredible views. We are very proud as well of our service levels and I'm saddened that your experience was so different. I do hope we can welcome you back sometime. Be Well, Simone

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I arrived at 7:30pm at the hotel. I had reserved and prepaid on Expedia a room with a King bed. At the reception, they told me that they would give me a bigger room. OK. I arrived in the room and it was a double Queen beds in the middle of the elevator banks, very noisy. So I got back to the reception and asked for the room I booked. They basically told me that I had no other option and that it was "take it or leave it"... and pay for it.

I use to go to the Nikko which is also very well located and with and excellent service. This time the Nikko was full.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MarcosFrenchinGeneva

Dear MarcosFrenchinGeneva,
Thank you for staying with us while visiting our wonderful city. I'm so sorry that we were not able to accommodate your room request during your recent stay with us. I'm truly sorry that our staff was not able to resolve this issue for you and to recover and make it an enjoyable visit after all. Please feel free to contact me at anytime so we can get the opportunity to serve you again. You can reach me at sharms@westinsf.com. Be Well, Simone

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My family of 3 have stayed here 2x before and I really recommend it. It is a large-ish business hotel in the SOMA area, so the location is superb, right by the Yerba Buena Gardens, 1 block from Market Street. The beds are excellent as usual, the exercise room is good and underutilized and amenities are nice. Internet is not super fast but sufficient. Great views from almost any room due to the angular floor to ceiling window layout. My only downside in this stay: my room was too close to elevators so I heard that at night. Too lazy to move. During busy times, elevators and checkout can be slow. The business center is on floor 2 but can be creepy and abandoned in the middle of nowhere. My son loves this place, and so do we.

Room Tip: Higher floor, far from elevators!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear kimparklee,
Thank you for your nice review. We aim to please and are so happy that we succeeded. Please come back soon. Be Well, Simone

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I like the location of this hotel. Convenient to everything, but out of the hussle bustle of Union Square. This modern hotel has excellent rooms and suites and the staff aims to please. The restaurant is attractive and serves an excellent breakfast. Parking is expensive, so drop you rental car (most agencies have offices within a few blocks of the hotel) and then pick up a new one when you leave.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear WINEandTRAVEL,
Thank you so much for your amazing review and rating. We work very hard to meet all our guests expectations and nothing is more rewarding than such a public expression of our success. Please come back to see us soon. Be Well, Simone