“Consistent with high expectations of a Westin”

The Park Central San Francisco
Ranked #64 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed at the Westin Market St. for just two nights, but it was perfect for my business trip. The hotel itself is very nice with easy access to downtown and not much different in distance to our office from the Union Sq. location of the Westin St. Francis (this one is actually preferred given tourists in that area). The service was great upon check in and I got a smaller but top floor room with panoramic views. Reception talked me through what was available still given it was late and let me choose. The water pressure in the room was a little bit light, but otherwise, the room was very comfortable. I had two meals at the restaurant and both were very good! I'll be back!

Room Tip: High floor away from an elevator
Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Park Central San Francisco

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed here for 3 days and enjoyed each day. Best part I found about the hotel is its location. Food, shopping, transport everything is nearby.
Cable car is available from Powell street. F line buses are also available. We used Bart for airport transfer which was also quite convenient journey.
Free Wi fi was not there. Room size was ok considering downtown location.
I only wish If I could get Microwave in the room since I was travelling with kid.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Westin for 4 nights and found the hotel perfect for what we wanted the location was perfectly situated for getting to the Powell and Market cable car/ Union Square. The hotel is close to all public transport and sightseeing attractions literally on the door step. Near plenty of eateries. The hotel room was very comfortable bed was great would stay again. Only slight complaint is that for the price of the hotel breakfast isn't included. Wifi wasn't free in the hotel room but was in the lobby.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tooziver
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We checked in early, thankful. The staff are so friendly. Our room was located on the 33rd floor, SPG preferred room. Construction, major renovation, going on next door. A call to change rooms was made and honored. We moved down the hall to a lovely room, construction still being heard down the hall, no big deal. However, there appears to be renovations going on above us as well. We will make the best of it today, if it continues we might ask for a quieter room. Very clean and great location.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Westin Hotel and appreciated how close it was to the Market Street which has everything you ever needed. I also loved the fact that you can fly into the San Francisco Airport and take the BART to Powell or Montgomery Street and walk to the hotel. I spoke with some folks that used a taxi and paid over $50 to get to the hotel and I paid $8.65. It is pretty easy to get a ticket from the BART station and if you plan on using the BART to return to the airport buy a roundtrip ticket. I also read that you can do the same thing from the Oakland Airport and it is around $3-$4. The weight room is on the 4th floor and has all the essential workout equipment that you will need. I was able to use free weights, treadmill machines, along with other machines for lifting exercises. The breakfast was a little pricey, but excellent. I would recommend a high floor as you can see most of San Francisco. Enjoy my friends!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Westin is located within walking/running distance to most everything you need in SF. I was actually attending a Convention at the neighboring Marriott Marquis and this hotel (MM) has a lot more going on than the Westin (video games in the lobby, Starbucks inside, etc.) but that is the point of staying at the Westin. The Westin was much quieter and easily navigated. I could walk to Market Street and dine, shop, etc. The subway lines are on Market. I could run down to the bay and take pictures of AT&T Park. There is a nice restaurant MeSo and a nice lounge/bar in the lobby as well. If you want an upscale hotel that you can enjoy, I would stay at the Westin.

Room Tip: high floor corner
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel has a great location downtown, but somewhat difficult for parking. The rooms were disappointing; small and not well kept. The service was ok, but nothing special. We did not eat at the restaurants, so can not say much about the food services or quality. The price was more than hotels outside the city, which had more to offer.

Room Tip: Corner rooms better
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael L
Debey G, Manager at The Park Central San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for choosing The Westin San Francisco Market Street for your stay in San Francisco. We appreciate the feedback as these comments will continue to build our hotel and ensure our guests receive the Westin Experience and leave feeling renewed and relaxed.

Safe Travels and Be Well.