“Very good staff and nice rooms, centrally located”

InterContinental San Francisco
Ranked #32 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Very good staff and nice rooms, centrally located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I got here early from LA, circa 9:30am, and asked if they could wash me a shirt. Chap on front desk said he'd check if a room was available, and if so I could check in right away. Thank you so much.

Rooms were fine with good bed and shower. I stayed on the 8th floor, and can I say the two ladies who do the rooms are fab, very service focused and should be praised.

Had breakfast which was good on the whole, and a few beers at night. All well served, etc. As regards the location, only a couple of blocks to Union Square, which suited me, so I valet parked the car and walked. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Monica D, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Sophilaura,

Thank you for this review of your recent stay. We're happy you enjoyed our hotel and our restaurant as well as our great location. We hope to see you again on your next visit.

Area Reservations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

The air conditioning does not work on hot days. If you like your room cool when you sleep don't even try if it is a hot day.. Not only that but the air conditioners turn themselves off if they don't detect movement (like when you are asleep).

I asked for the down comforter to be replaced with a blanket in the duvet cover. Came back to go to sleep no blanket, no comforter...just the cover at 11:00PM and I was tired..

Had to get my keys reprogrammed 5 time over a 2 day stay.

The rooms are small for $500 per night and the decoration uninspired and inexpensive.

Over all, I would not send anyone to this hotel, return myself and not likely to stay in another Inter-Continental if this is now the standard of this once glorious hotel group.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Neal F
Dear Neal F,

Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay with us. I'm sorry we did not live up to your expectations. We would like to speak with you further about your stay and hope you will contact our Guest Relations Manager, Hizkia Larranaga at hizkia.larranaga@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. We look forward to connecting with you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Great location for shopping, but the Wharf or other sights are just a cheap Uber ride away, public trans. easily available or walking is a great option as so many things are close. Beautiful hotel and fabulous staff! Was treated like royalty. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Monica D, General Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Joldboot,

We appreciate your taking the time to leave these comments. We're happy to hear we pleasantly surprised you and you enjoyed our hotel and it's great location. We strive to treat all of our guests like royalty and are so happy you would stay with us again. We hope to you see soon!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

The location may not be right in the middle of Market St but it is only a block and a half away from all the bustle and hustle of Market St and from the Powell St. Cable Car Depot and thus very convenient. The room is very clean and the bed is comfortable with a signature Intercontinental's pillow menu to choose from.

This hotel is blessed with a great staff. The check-in staff and the concierge were all very friendly and helpful during my stay. Nothing seemed too much to them at all. The bar at the lobby and Luce, the main dining Michelin star restaurant are definitely great additions to this hotel. Being a fairly new building in the city, this hotel may lack the old charm associated to its Mark Hopkins sister property in Nob Hill but it certainly doesn't lack the warmth and charm of the Intercontinental hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Ex8ted,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review of your stay. We're thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and found our hotel to be conveniently located, rooms comfortable and clean, staff friendly and amenities to your liking. We love to hear when guests enjoy all aspects of their stay and that we have made them feel welcomed and at home. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to San Francisco and hope it's soon!

Hull, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

What can I say? Hizkia, did a fantastic job of organising our stay to celebrate our sons 21st birthday. We arrived to cake, bubbly, balloons, a giants hoody, a monopoly game. After a long journey from the UK it made our day. We were upgraded to the 31st floor at no extra charge. Great views of the city. Thank you for making our stay perfect. Great location for all the sights. Lovely & clean. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Lolabear7,

Thank you for choosing to spend such an important event with us! We're delighted to hear that Hizkia and our Guest Relations team were able to make your stay so special. We're glad you enjoyed your guest room, our location and our friendly staff. We hope you'll visit us again, even if it's not to celebrate a birthday!

Wheeling, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

It was my first stay in InterContinental and this trip was for celebrating my new baby to be born in June and wedding Anniversary. So I contacted Hizkia Larranaga asked if the hotel could provide some room decoration and upgrade for surprising my wife and my daughter. Actually I didn't expect to get response but Hizkia quickly email me to ask some information of my wife and daughter.

I didn't tell this to my ladies. When we arrived at the room, my two ladies were surprised by the pink balloons, rose flowers, welcome food/fruits/dirnks, my daughter's name alphabets on a socking tub, and a junior suite upgrade! It was a corner room facing San Jose (I am not sure but I can see bay, ships, etc.) with wonderful view.

I am sorry for writing this review 2 months after the trip but I really appreciate Hizkia and staffs in InterContinental. We have wonderful days there and cannot forget it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gomchol,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! We're delighted Hizkia and our Guest Relations team could make your stay with us so spectacular and I've passed your kind words on to them. We hope to welcome your whole family back soon!

Plainfield, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 35th Wedding anniversary in San Francisco and Monterey. WE LOVED the location of the InterContinental SF at 4th & Howard. Conciere Bill was AMAZING. There was only one bad experience. We had someone from our hometown who recommended having our "BIG" anniversary dinner at the Aquaerllo Italian Restaurant, it was very dissapointing and we spent $250 for two dinners and 2 drinks. The food was nothing like we had ever eaten, NOT GOOD AT ALL.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Karen M,

Thank you for choosing to spend such a special occasion with us! We're delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel and especially Bill from our Concierge team. I have passed your great comments along to him. I'm sorry you did not enjoy the restaurant that was recommended to you, but on your next visit Bill will be sure to point you in the right direction!